2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4 hole injectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 06:49 PM
kj4cwa
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking to replace my injectors because I was thinking that one of them was bad. I know that's not the best reason to replace injectors, but this is a part of research. The other thing I was thinking of doing was sending them off to have them cleaned. That along with 1.7rrs, 52mmTB, sct, headers, and maybe MSD box (already installed coil) would be all that I do to this engine as it already has 180k+ miles on it.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:36 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a good parts list. You will be happy with the results.

I installed the injectors and MSD the week before I did the plenum. I noticed a bit of gain driving around, but nothing to write home about. WOT was another story. WOT was more fun that usual.

Then I did the SCT, plenum ,180*, and 1.7s. That made a BIG difference. Like a different truck.

For the money, get the SCT (PM hemifever)

Old 06-26-2010, 08:41 PM
kj4cwa
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am doing research and stock piling parts right now. I have headers, and I installed the MSD stock replacement coil previously. I am looking into the ignition box. I also contacted hemifever and the SCT is next on the list.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:38 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion

I was stock piling as well. When you do the plenum, you will be saying to yourself "Man this would have been the time to put on these heads...":
http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/p...1&partid=25426

Hughes upped their price. Used to be 799

Here is a GREAT read on a good combo:
http://www.bionicdodge.com/bionic/in...p?topic=9197.0
KRC can custom grind you a RV cam. All you need to do is buy those heads I listed. They used stock R/T heads, but they are hard to find used. ALSO, you would not want to use the 1.7s with that camshaft. Not because it will bust clearance, but you never know if it will have the same numbers. THe cams are specifically matched for that lift. 1.7s change the lift. So you will need to get 1.6RRs (if you want to stay roller) or you can put the stock ones back on.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:30 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion

Originally Posted by kj4cwa
I am doing research and stock piling parts right now. I have headers, and I installed the MSD stock replacement coil previously. I am looking into the ignition box. I also contacted hemifever and the SCT is next on the list.
Great start. I contacted hemifever before I was 100% on what parts I wanted to do, so it took a while before I committed. At first I was planning a $3000 budget and was going to do a cam and heads with the mods. Then I scaled it down to $2500 and just get heads in addition to my sig. Then i decided that 1.7s were good enough. So my budget fell somewhere around 1300 for online ordered parts, and another 200 for tools, fluids, RTV, and "Oh Crap, I broke this and need to get another one" parts (Coolant temp sensor). so 1500 is what it cost for a big smile on my face.

I was scared as crap because there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with my truck. I was tearing into a perfectly good engine (Well not really tearing, but taking off the intake seemed like a big job for me at the time...now, not much at all).

Now I am curious of a custom tune (Hemifever said that it is not needed without heads and/or cam). So getting heads has me excited.

He can do a custom tune for my setup right now if I were to get a wideband AF gauge and send him my AF ratio at WOT. But i have a 3 cat system in my truck, so it will be tough to get a good reading.

So until I put on headers and take off the 2 "pre-cat cats" I will just roll with the canned tune...which is mugh better than the death flash.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:42 AM
2k10HemiRam
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I just got a e-mail back from Bruce at fiveomotorsport.com asking about 4 hole fuel injectors for my 99 and he told me that these injectors will work on stock application. I'm sending an e-mail back to him making sure that these will connect with our stock connectors and not require new ones to be installed.

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/domes...rs/?itemid=295

Quick Reply: 4 hole injectors