2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Suspension Lift Kit 1995 2WD 1500

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 12:45 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I agree, there isn't anything wrong with lifting a 2WD. If your going with the Prerunner look, spindles would most likely be your best bet IMO. They do keep your original geometry, and they also widen your front wheel stance 2-3". But from what I remember seeing, Doetsch spindles allow stock rims? Check their website and verfiy. www.doetsch-shocks.com. Fabtech also makes a very large or mildly large lift kit. You can get a total of 6.5" of lift with one of their lift kits. The mild kits give you 3", consisting of either Upper Arms and Springs, or Spindles. Combine the two, and you get the 6.5" Ultimate Lift. Keep in mind these are not "race" ready suspension lifts. A little offroad fun wouldn't hurt, but an all out desert run might not be a good idea. IF your looking for looks and some functionality, look up those two companys, if your looking for a real longtravel kit, something like KORE would be your answer.

Rancho no longer makes that lift kit BigRed had mentioned earr. The last person to post that he had just installed that same kit, purchased it back in 07. I had been looking for the same kit, but Rancho claimed it is no more.

There are plenty of us 2WD's that have a perfectly fine time playing in the sand and mud. If you can get through mud and crap without needing 4WD, you know your good

Old 07-02-2010, 12:50 PM
TheBigRedOne

Please don't buy Fabtech. They are the ****'s of the offroad world. And I never mentioned Rancho..

Otherwise, lots of good info in your post!

Old 07-02-2010, 01:57 PM
97r/tram
Veteran

Originally Posted by TheBigRedOne
My Expedition has a "lift", is 2WD, and it would fly on by anyone here off road..

OP, as far as 2WD check out AIM industries.(If you can even find them anymore) They had a midtravel front kit for our Rams. It was uppers and lowers, not sure what spindle it used.
Whatever you do don't do spacers. If you are on a budget and just want look but not functionality, go with Doetsch lift spindles. They are in the shop down the street from me and they make good stuff. Pretty good prices also.
Don't let these 4wd fanboys ride your nuts, most of em' have no idea what a properly equipped truck with longtravel can do!
Hit me up if you have any questions, I build suspension for a living and can lend you more info.

I have Doetsch tech spindles..I love em. They work great offroad and you only have to trim your lower control arms a little around the ball joint end.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:57 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by TheBigRedOne
Please don't buy Fabtech. They are the ****'s of the offroad world. And I never mentioned Rancho..

Otherwise, lots of good info in your post!
My bad. I got mixed up with redhead lol.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:12 PM
TheBigRedOne

That's ok. I've got a thing for Redheads anyways..

Old 07-02-2010, 03:06 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea I said something about the rancho and just looked at the site I saw it on before and it looks like they discountinued it

Yea both 2wd and 4x4 have their advantages the biggest difference I have noticed is getting out of a hole that you have to climb out of is were the 4x4 trucks show what there made of, as long as it slopes out slowly us 2wd do ok and its hard to get up speed going through a trail with trees on both sides then you end up like my friends bronco with busted up doors and panels

Old 06-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Vintage Metal

Just bumping up a great thread....does anyone have anything else to add. Im considering a 3" front lift with spindles and 2.5" for the rear.

Information is greatly appreciated.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Dodgerman97
Rookie

Im about to add that to mine... I have 3" spacers in the coils and a 3" body lift. So with that I'll have 9" in the front and 7" in the back to sit level and prolly clear 36"s..

Old 07-06-2012, 09:45 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

With nine inches of lift, you could prolly clear 38's without too much trouble.....

Old 07-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Dodgerman97
Rookie

I heard there quick and easy to install however in wondering what else you have to modify to install em, and if my 15" rims will work...

Quick Reply: Suspension Lift Kit 1995 2WD 1500