2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ccD code, no buS help?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 11:10 PM
kikazzdakota
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ccD code, no buS help?!

ok gauges dead lights on but not all dumbie lights but alot are lit i dont know whats wrong wiggled the computer plug for the computer under the hood got the gauges and stuff to work for a little while but quit after bout 35 miles driving bad connection? short? idiot mechanic? lol this is my little sis' truck just want her to be safe thanks

Old 07-13-2010, 11:14 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,387 Likes on 3,127 Posts

Loose connections, bad grounds, or a combination of the two.

In another thread, the member having trouble cleaned the grounds on the engine up behind the A/C compressor? I think, and solved it that way. Not sure if those grounds actually have anything to do with it though. There is a service manual available for download in the FAQ section, it is for an 01, what year is your sis's?

Old 07-14-2010, 12:11 AM
kikazzdakota
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hers is an 99 sorry forgot to metion that it has 150000 highway on it so i didnt think it would be dirty connections

Old 07-14-2010, 03:04 AM
mrfarrell
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like you have a bad connecton to the under hood computer...pull the connection off inspect it for debris or anything that would not allow it to clip in properly and plug it back in..there's a clip on either side of each plug so it should be a really snug fit...make sure you take this into account when removing the plugs because iv seen peope break the plugs and pcm because they only thing it latches on at the top..

Old 07-14-2010, 06:41 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

disconnect battery, clean terminals.
with batt disconnected, unplug/replug pcm connections a couple of times.
clean grounds at ps bracket and engine area around valve covers
another set of grounds behind panel at drivers foot.
search master_tech threads "no bus" where he suggested disconnecting all sensors and adding them back one at a time.

Quick Reply: ccD code, no buS help?!