2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

37s here we come!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010 | 07:52 PM
beefythedodge
|
Veteran

Originally Posted by 98BlueSport
that back wheel isnt on the truck? Is that a waterbottle holding it from rolling down the drive way?
nnnooooo.... its a powerade bottle!

was wondering when someone would call me out on that. when i realized the lugs were not the correct pitch, i saw no need to pull off another wheel. lol. they clear back there no prob anyway.

Old 07-26-2010 | 08:26 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend

Better get a body lift or cut fenders to.

Old 07-26-2010 | 08:53 PM
FarmBoy428
Veteran

Originally Posted by beefythedodge
Hey all i just got a steal on some 37s mounted on chrome 17s. gonna make em fit this weekend. anyone have any experience with how much lift is generally required? from some quick mesurements it is looking like a 2 inch lift in the back and 4.5 out fromt to make er level and clear them. sound about right? btw i love my sawzall, but trying to keep er in the tool box for this one
Get a tough country leveling kit, and a 4inch tough country suspension left.

Check out some of these websites:

http://www.tuffcountry.com/dodge-ram-leveling-kits.html

http://www.tuffcountry.com/dodge-lif...lift-kits.html

Hope I helped man. Good luck!

Old 07-26-2010 | 10:03 PM
beefythedodge
|
Veteran

i am really going to try and stay away from the body lift and sawzall technique, i am going to give it my absolute best with my fab skillz first. i think that i have pulled off more difficult things in the past.

farmboy trust me that was the first thing i looked for, but i already have leveling on there and the lift kits only fit the 4x4 which is straight axle. i unfortunately have independant front which is what makes it so friggin difficult. but i am determined!

Old 07-26-2010 | 11:52 PM
FarmBoy428
Veteran

All I can say brother, is that im gonna keep looking for ya. Maybe I can find somthing. Ive seen trucks that arnt 4x4 with lift kits. You just have to find the right place i guess. haha

Old 07-27-2010 | 08:44 AM
beefythedodge
|
Veteran

i appreciate it, the crazy part is is that for your truck, the 1500 4x2 it is no problem. just that 2500 with the CTD in 2wd. i dunno maybe there is just not that much demand i guess. but i run a full fab shop, with all the right toys

so its on! i will make it happen, i always do!

Old 07-28-2010 | 07:32 AM
beefythedodge
|
Veteran

well i just got my shipping notifications, my new coils along with my e-fans and controller will be here friday. so beefy should have an excellent weekend!!

Old 07-28-2010 | 08:21 PM
beefythedodge
|
Veteran

wow... summit steppin up the game. paid for the e-fan controller tuesday afternoon... and

Name:  efanwiring.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  88.4 KB

i am impressed, now i just wish i had gotten the fans from them to... o well hopefully they will be here by friday. i am going to get the wiring in the truck tomorrow though. will post pics of that for sure.

and saturday is lift beefy day.. cant friggin wait. my 37s are just staring at me to drool over every day in the garage...

Old 07-30-2010 | 09:23 PM
beefythedodge
|
Veteran

well a little bummed today, got no springs or fans, but i did get the contol module installed for the fans. i guess the real fun is going to start monday when i get my parts. but here is some pics of the install of the fan.

i picked this location to put the probe because it was the closest to the coolant inlet at the top of the rediator.

Name:  probelocation.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  120.6 KB

after separating the fins for clearance of the probe, i inserted the probe from the rear to hide the wiring. (and yes i know the shroud is cracked, i figured screw it i am going to make a new one shortly anyway)

Name:  bentfins.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  112.8 KB

pushing the special probe holding unit, kind of a glorified zip tie. lol.

Name:  probeholder.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  118.4 KB

probe and holder all installed in the radiator

Name:  probeholderinstalled.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  114.5 KB

the control unit with included relay and ac bypass

Name:  controlmodule.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  110.1 KB

starting off with the "red" voltage constant. but i dont care who you are, that wire is pink. lmao. i wrapped in electrical tape to make it blend in better.

Name:  tapingpowerwire.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  95.6 KB

all connected to the drivers side battery

Name:  wireinstalled.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  136.7 KB

one of the best places to connect an accesory wire (gives signal that truck ignition is on) is the fuse for the power outlet. typically very over amperage rated.

Name:  accessory.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  130.5 KB

after zip tying all the extra wiring up, i connected the control unit up under the fender lip and outa the way. the positive leads for the fans i just stuffed up behind the battery until i get the fans in.

Name:  extrawire.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  89.5 KB

once i get the fans i will make the shroud and i will show pics of the whole process there. stay tuned!

Old 10-09-2010 | 05:46 PM
Chad913

anyone had problems with top control arm on 2007 dodge ram 2wd hitting spring bucket?