2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hughes plate

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 11:44 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Should have bought mine you assclown.

or the Airgap

Old 07-29-2010, 12:09 AM
FarmBoy428
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should have called them up, bitched them out, and tell them to give you a free replacement. I wouldn't pay no extra money for them to send you a new one, when the one you got was that bad. D

Old 07-29-2010, 05:41 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FarmBoy428
Should have called them up, bitched them out, and tell them to give you a free replacement. I wouldn't pay no extra money for them to send you a new one, when the one you got was that bad. D
But see... they did offer just that (free replacement), I just wouldn't see it until monday. Problem is... I had already arranged to do it this weekend. (have parts, friend, weather is nice, have a spare car ready if I need something etc.) It was because I wanted to have it by friday (he had to overnight it and offered to split the shipping cost.) Imho, hughes did the right thing. Could I have bitched and possibly have gotten the $25 extra knocked off... It might have been possible by saying I paid for a product to be right the first time, I shouldn't have to do this to begin with. But I think I will pick my battles wisely. If I don't get the plate friday, or it comes damaged again... then I will have something to bitch about. (free upgrade to the airgap haha jk). We'll see what happens. The problem is, this whole thing has me a little uneasy because at this point I won't see that plate until 5pm friday earliest (when UPS shows up). I'm off on friday and plan to tear down in the morning. It would be my luck that I tore down, cleaned everything up, put my new cap, rotor, plugs, wires etc on while waiting for the plate, only to have the new plate delivered and it be damaged. See... that is my luck and that is what scares me the most. I could survive the weekend without the truck, but I need it for work.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:24 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine had a couple scratches in it and one that looked like they pulled it out of the milling machine with the tool bit still on the plate and the machine turned off. I cleaned it up with some 400 grit sandpaper and it was fine though. If it would have affected the seal then I would have gotten them to send a replacement.

The Airgap came in worse shape, the throttle body adapter had a couple places that looked like they placed a bolt on it and hit it with a hammer. I cleaned it up with a dremel and it made it so it won't affect the seal (just air right there anyway) so I went ahead and installed it.

Like I said in my plenum thread, I believe Hughes has an open bar at the company and the head guy in the quality control department must spend a lot of time leaning against that bar.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:44 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
Like I said in my plenum thread, I believe Hughes has an open bar at the company and the head guy in the quality control department must spend a lot of time leaning against that bar.
For at least the last few minutes before he passes out under it.

Quick Reply: Hughes plate