2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anybody Remove the Rear Lift Blocks on Their 4x4?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 05:11 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody Remove the Rear Lift Blocks on Their 4x4?

Hey guys, I am wanting to lower the rear of my '99 4x4 a little bit and would like to remove the rear lift blocks. I currently have a 3 inch spacer up front, but am swapping it out for some new 3" lift springs and I would like the front end to be higher than the rear. Would this work or would i run into any problems? Thanks a lot for the help ...

Old 08-15-2010, 05:17 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Umm leave it in there. 3" taller coils in the front and yr not lifting the rear any so the front will be an inch taller if not more.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:58 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

why would you want the front higher? That is going to make your truck drive rather funny.....

Old 08-15-2010, 07:45 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

I'm just wanting to do it for the looks really ...Will it hurt anything if removed?

Old 08-15-2010, 07:55 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

The front end being higher will definitely alter the way the truck handles, and not in a good way. At freeway speeds, you truck is going to act like an air foil, and try and lift the front even more..... if it is also raining, that is gonna get REAL exciting. There is a reason NO vehicles come from the factory with the front higher than the rear.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:18 PM
1997DodgeRam
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you going for the I am really over loaded in the rear look even when empty?

Sorry for the sarcasm, I am really curious though about if you can just dump the block though since I am considering new springs of the 4 inch lift variety. but would need to leave the block out until I get around to doing the front thereby only gaining 2 net inches

If you are already front high adding weight will get really weird.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:22 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

Originally Posted by HeyYou
The front end being higher will definitely alter the way the truck handles, and not in a good way. At freeway speeds, you truck is going to act like an air foil, and try and lift the front even more..... if it is also raining, that is gonna get REAL exciting. There is a reason NO vehicles come from the factory with the front higher than the rear.
Yeah, I've just seen a lot of other trucks around here with that look and I like it...however, I may not do it considering there may be some consequences...

Originally Posted by 1997DodgeRam
Are you going for the I am really over loaded in the rear look even when empty?

Sorry for the sarcasm, I am really curious though about if you can just dump the block though since I am considering new springs of the 4 inch lift variety. but would need to leave the block out until I get around to doing the front thereby only gaining 2 net inches

If you are already front high adding weight will get really weird.
You're right, that's the look I'm going for ...I've seen a lot of other guys like that (Ford, Chevy, some Dodges)...

Old 08-15-2010, 08:42 PM
1997DodgeRam
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had the look you were going for, just try 1ton of stuff in a half ton truck and you will have it pretty cheap. I tried that a few times, and then had to get an add a leaf to make it go away. Keep us posted with some pics if you do it.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:42 PM
RamSport97
Record Breaker

I don't get this? It will not handle properly, it will blind on coming traffic at night with your head lights, your towing and payload capacity's will be all out of wack. The people you see around town with the rear end dragging *** had no idea what they were doing when they were purchasing and installing the lift. Do it right, and make it level, or keep a little rake to keep some towing capacity.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:59 AM
southern13guy
Rookie

You want this?
Name:  8070099e.jpg
Views: 3905
Size:  88.9 KB
I know it's a Ford, but it'll look the same on a Dodge.

I think it looks okay on monster trucks or trucks with huge lifts/tires, but on someone with only a few inches of lift, it looks bad. The only time your truck should be higher in the front than the back is if you ever have this happen to you...

And if that happens, you'll need to get one of these...

Quick Reply: Anybody Remove the Rear Lift Blocks on Their 4x4?