2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

5.9 gas grade?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 01:41 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya, the station I used to get it from doesn't have it anymore. They said that the Obama administration recently passed some stricker laws to ensure more ethanol production. So now there are few suppliers of pure gas then ever before. I would have to now drive about 40 miles one way to get it. Just not worth it unless I happen to be in the area for something else.

FYI, expect gas to get more and more ethanol in the years to come (15%-20% is not far away).

AVGas will work, but ya it is super expensive. And it's not like you can pull your truck up to their pump to fill up either. They kinda frown on that.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:46 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

I live in a fairly small town, and am less than three blocks from a General Aviation airport. I actually know the guys that run the show there..... so, a smile and nod would get me right to the pump. Not sure how well that would work out for others though.....

Not that I think my truck would run worth beans on avgas......

Old 08-21-2010, 05:10 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yall are lucky down here all gas is up to 10% except for recreation fuel which there is one gas station within 30 miles that sells it and its almost the same price as premium.
Our stupid state is the reason for it and it kills the gas mileage in the boat and I have been having problems with my ATC ever since this ethanol stuff started

Old 08-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I support our farmers and all that, but ethanol sucks, I hate running it. But I have no choice.

Quick Reply: 5.9 gas grade?