2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Suspension lift suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 09:58 AM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Having ANY blocks at ALL in the rear, is going to contribute to axle wrap/wheel hop. Stacking yet MORE blocks back there will make what is already a problem, worse. This is the main reason I don't like blocks.
which is why i could never understand why dodge put them in from the factory. if they had thought about it the coulda used a couple extra leaves in the leaf springs.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:08 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,266 Likes on 3,013 Posts

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
which is why i could never understand why dodge put them in from the factory. if they had thought about it the coulda used a couple extra leaves in the leaf springs.
Blocks were a cheaper solution.........

I agree with you though. NOT having blocks, and adding a leaf or three to the spring pack would have been my preferred option as well.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:13 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't have a big issue with blocks as long as you don't go more than 4" TOTAL INCLUDING ANY FACTORY BLOCKS and you don't tow/haul a lot.

I've got the 2" blocks that came with my 4" suspension lift. I don't tow/haul often, but when I do it's usually a lot of weight. I've thought about pulling the blocks and going with an additional leaf or two, but I've not seen any indication of warp yet. If it ain't broke, I'm not gonna fix it, but if it does start to warp, well I always say - "make a repair a mod, every time"...

Old 09-22-2010, 05:33 PM
slider15004x4
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want some thing more than just a leveling kit. I am thinking a 3" or 5" with add a leafs. I don't like the idea of blocks when mine already has 3.5" of block in the rear. I am going to stick with 33" tires because of the 3.55 gears. Is there certain things I should look for when shopping around for a lift kit or point in the right direction. I have already looked at Top Gun Customz site. With being new to this I am not sure what brands are good and shops. Are there any other recommended mods for the 2nd gen Ram?

Quick Reply: Suspension lift suggestions