2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

who has electric start ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 09:18 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the info.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:12 AM
Halojm
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a python remote start put on at circuit city about 5 years ago, still works great. I think it was about $275 installed. I love it. You cannot lock the doors while keys are in the ignition, when the truck is not running that is. If stopping at gas station quick. You can push the button, pull keys out, truck stays running. And it's fun to start it as someone walks by, then watch there expression as they see no one in it.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:14 PM
h3lzsn1p3r
Captain

stupid simple to do unless you get in to locks and alarms 1 hr with just the starter 1.5 hrs with the rest

Old 11-18-2012, 02:32 AM
Johnny2Bad
Professional

For what the shops usually charge, and for the warranty enhancements you might get if you get them to, it's not a bad option. I suspect you're part-paying for the install anyway hidden in the DIY retail price (from the same shop).

If some little thing goes wrong in the DIY the grief can be a bit much for a lot of people who are otherwise handy.

Just because it hasn't been mentioned yet ... if you have an attached garage, they can be dangerous, even fatal. DO NOT leave your key fob around where the kids can play with it. Carbon Monoxide is nothing to play with.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:02 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And be careful when installing remote start on a vehicle with a manual transmission. My Lexus IS300 had a remote start (and was a stick) and the day i bought it i tested it to see if it would start in gear, while inside the car of course. It did. So I made sure from then on to NEVER leave it in gear.

Quick Reply: who has electric start ?