2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sad day for my Ram

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 03:58 PM
1500sport
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sad day for my Ram

Depending on the insurance company it shouldn't matter what goodies you have on it. They probably won't figure the engine mods into the value of the truck so the chances of it being totaled may be more likely depending on the value of the truck. My Dakota was vauled at $5,000 and the insurance said there was over $4000 in damaged so they totaled it. I bought it back though for $800 and kept on driving it for about 6 months until I got my current truck.
Have State Farm Insurance.

Old 06-03-2005, 04:00 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: bamory
i have never seen one that was damaged enough to total it out, so please post some pics or send them to bamory@bright.net, got my curiosity going as to the damage
I know a few people who have had vehicles totaled due to hail damage. They didn't look that bad either, but it is up to the insurance adjuster. I'll try to get some pics tonoight. I really don't think it is bad enough, but you never know.

Old 06-03-2005, 04:03 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: steve00ram360

dude, that sucks!!! stripe off all your goodies and put it back stock before the insurance looks at it!!!
I really don't have anything that they could see (hard to see a TB, and gears for example). Only thing that would really stand out would be the K&N FIPK, and that would only be if he pops the hood, which there isn't any need for. I was going to put my lift and new wheels and tires on this weekend, but I am going to wait now until after the adjuster has looked at it and I know what the verdict is.

Old 06-03-2005, 05:52 PM
zeekxxx
Captain

Show us some pictures. I want to see it. I thought the sheet metal on the dodges was nice and thick. Must have been some monster hail. Just think of all the stupid people out on the golf course. lol.. About 2 years ago some drunk got hit by hail out on the course and fell in a river and was swept down stream. They found him about a half mile away at a local bar. The ****** didnt even call anyone so they could call off the search. The bartender saw him on tv and called the cops...

lol

Old 06-03-2005, 06:26 PM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker

mothernature.. that two-bit *****!

Old 06-03-2005, 06:41 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts

ORIGINAL: Silver_Dodge

ORIGINAL: steve00ram360

dude, that sucks!!! stripe off all your goodies and put it back stock before the insurance looks at it!!!
I really don't have anything that they could see (hard to see a TB, and gears for example). Only thing that would really stand out would be the K&N FIPK, and that would only be if he pops the hood, which there isn't any need for. I was going to put my lift and new wheels and tires on this weekend, but I am going to wait now until after the adjuster has looked at it and I know what the verdict is.

what I'm saying is if it's totaled and you expect to get another ram, you can yank off what you can and save it for the next truck. Your intake, and TB for sure... gears are kinda hard...

Old 06-03-2005, 07:08 PM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

|3|ackAc|D........ like everything about your truck except for the rims and tires, seems like dodge has taken a big step backwards in styling of rims over the last few yrs, but other than that its a pretty cool truck, still undecided about the body style and grill but you can't help love a Red Ram, like to take my 99 and plumb in a drivetrain like your

Old 06-03-2005, 07:19 PM
zeekxxx
Captain

/agree

But my rims are soooo damn ugly I cant talk.

I plan on that upgrade real soon

Old 06-03-2005, 09:03 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

If they have to replace my hood because of the hail damage, I should pitch in the extra and get one of these. This is the coolest aftermarket hood for the Dodge ram in my opinion, plus it is functional. My wife would hate it though. She doesn't appreciate the old Mopar muscle car style.

[IMG]local://upfiles/9095/E1C1FD216FDF4FF79842F6B5543660E6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-03-2005, 09:08 PM
theshocker
Veteran

Man that sucks big time. I think I would throw up. Hope everything works out for you!!