2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:26 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering & Suspension Guides
Print Wikipost

XRF ball joints...whats your opinion.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 05:57 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J415
http://www.thetireclub.com/ShopByVeh...l+Arms&mode=PA

Just curious, are you still running stock BJ's or after market?
Aftermarket, but I'm pretty sure they are Spicers so they are the stock style. My factory ones got loose at about 99k miles and so I had the shop replace them while they were doing a bunch of other work. In retrospect, I should have done them myself, but at the time I just didn't have the time to work on it. These have about 35k miles on them, but when they go I will be replacing them myself if I still have the truck.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:49 PM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, fellas. just came upon this related thread about XRF's customer service and to sum things up, I'll be putting in my order on Thursday.
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3r...r-service.html

Old 10-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by J415
Hey, fellas. just came upon this related thread about XRF's customer service and to sum things up, I'll be putting in my order on Thursday.
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3r...r-service.html

Flipping sah-weet! Please report back with totals and what the new parts look like.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:56 AM
tbotello
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have xrf bjs on my truck and I'm pretty pleased so far, granted i only have about 4,000 miles on them. The best part is, I paid only $177 for all four shipped to my door. Call or email them and they will give you info about the nearest place to get them. Oh and sorry J415 for not messaging you back, I hope this answers your question.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:20 AM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tbotello
Oh and sorry J415 for not messaging you back, I hope this answers your question.
No worries. I ended up just ordering them right now for $137.94 plus free shipping. I was getting ready to order them last night and I noticed that they were $34 per joint but under availability, it said "call". So today I checked again and they were $44 (still fair) so I called and Kirk from thetireclub.com set me up with the cheaper price...great customer service. Even better, there in Michigan and I'm in Cali but he said I should get them in 4 days via fed ex.

Last edited by J415; 10-14-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:44 AM
MilesBFree
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Called XRF directly and they referred me to thetireclub.com to order on-line.

The free shipping deal is still on, in case anyone is interested.

thetireclub.com doesn't have a complete front-end kit with everything, which mine needs. I am strongly convinced that the original parts are still on there even after 190K miles. They also do not list several parts for the 2WD trucks either, so I need to get the numbers from XRF.

Going to try the steering box adjustment this week, but even if that cures a lot of the looseness, 190K chassis components are not exactly going to be safe...

Old 11-01-2010, 11:10 AM
TheBigRedOne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Certain SCORE/SNORE/MINT race classes require the use of MOOG ball joints as part of the rules, due to their durability. MOOG FTW.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:25 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,307 Likes on 3,052 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigRedOne
Certain SCORE/SNORE/MINT race classes require the use of MOOG ball joints as part of the rules, due to their durability. MOOG FTW.
At one time, MOOG was THE best. Of late though, there is no difference between the MOOGS, and some no name, whitebox black letter brand..... This debate has gone on in a few other threads here as well..... MOOG is not what they used to be.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
At one time, MOOG was THE best. Of late though, there is no difference between the MOOGS, and some no name, whitebox black letter brand..... This debate has gone on in a few other threads here as well..... MOOG is not what they used to be.

Just like the guys who buy Craftsman tools because "Dad always bought Craftsman and Grampa always bought Craftsman".

Old 11-01-2010, 12:11 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,307 Likes on 3,052 Posts

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Just like the guys who buy Craftsman tools because "Dad always bought Craftsman and Grampa always bought Craftsman".
Yeah, I have several vintages of craftsman tools, and the older ones are obviously of better quality. Especially the sockets. I suspect that the change is due to manufacturing moving to china, or indonesia, and use of lower quality materials.

I would buy Snap-On, or Mac tools, but, for what I do, I just can't justify the additional cost..... that, and Sears is less than two miles away..... If I break one, just cruise up and grab another.

Quick Reply: XRF ball joints...whats your opinion.