2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Well I have a question on rotors.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 11:16 PM
FarmBoy428
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, thanks Redneck.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:20 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pads
Shoes
Drums
Rotors
Hardware Kit

there you go. thats advance auto parts best of the best in everything. if you buy online you can use the promo codes and pick everything up in store and save yourself a few bucks.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:22 PM
FarmBoy428
Veteran

Thank you.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:10 AM
redheadhunter21
Champion

This is to Slider, the 2500 calipers are direct bolt on, yes you need to get the 2500 brake pads as they are slighty bigger, makes quite a difference too, I would reccomend getting better than autozone rotors though as I have warped mine and I will soon be gettin some slotted ones, I am pretty rough on brakes so thats part of my rotor issue.

I got the LD 2500 calipers but you can get the 8800 ones as many people run them without problems, I just went to autozone for those, I also have autozones ceramic pads which leave very little dust

Old 10-19-2010, 02:03 AM
Ram_Me
Captain

I would do some more shopping if I were you farm boy. You can get equally good or even better parts from other places for cheaper. Try rock auto, amazon, and your local places. Make carts in each site and compare. Remember: the more money you save, the farther your dollar goes, and the more stuff you get.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:48 AM
MilesBFree
Professional

I would also strongly suggest new wheel bearings. These are very cheap (like $10 each or less and you only need 4 of them for the front). Not to mention they have to come out of the old rotors anyway, so just do it :-)

Not sure how the rear bearings work - are these pressed onto the axles (The last time I did that was probably 15 years or more ago so I am hazy on the details)?

Also not convinced that Brembo vented iron rotors (not slotted or cross-drilled) are going to be radically better than store-brand or similar. Not to mention those you posted are about twice as expensive as the "better" ones I got. And the "good" or "economy" rotors are less than a quarter of the Summit price on the Brembos.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:04 PM
dodgeman52
Captain

i agree i would go to a local parts store or go on rock city and get everthing alot cheapier

Old 10-19-2010, 03:06 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by dodgeman52
i agree i would go to a local parts store or go on rock city and get everthing alot cheapier
hes a 16 year old boy dodgeman...he's only going to do what he wants and not take any advice and listen to us who know what we are talking about. teens these days think they know everything.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
hes a 16 year old boy dodgeman...he's only going to do what he wants and not take any advice and listen to us who know what we are talking about. teens these days think they know everything.
They thought they knew everything back when you and I were teens too.... That part will never change

you seem to have it out for farmboy for some reason, it's not his fault that his parents decided to do the nasty several years after your parents did..... just sayin

Old 10-19-2010, 04:08 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by Maxx_Magnum
They thought they knew everything back when you and I were teens too.... That part will never change

you seem to have it out for farmboy for some reason, it's not his fault that his parents decided to do the nasty several years after your parents did..... just sayin
nah i dont have it out for him... it just irritates me when someone asks for opinions and then gets told that its not a good idea or its an opinion that they dont like and gets all pissed off about it and starts talking trash. if you dont like the answers you recieve why ask the question...ya know?

Quick Reply: Well I have a question on rotors.