2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Under hood insulation/liner

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 02:44 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zman17
Ok thanks, I don't think it's the big deal I'm making it out to be. (atleast not in the winter). There's the paranoid personality.LOL As far as my dog goes (Angus) and not to get off topic (but since it's my thread F it) here is a pic when he was about 4 years younger than now. And btw, since there is a lot of DF members that love dogs and Mustangs Maybe a thread in the other section is in order, to show off our DF dogs.

well...i think i know what kind of dog im going tobe getting once my pup passes...hes going to be 14 this month...

Old 11-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok thanks, I don't think it's the big deal I'm making it out to be. (atleast not in the winter). There's the paranoid personality.LOL As far as my dog goes (Angus) and not to get off topic (but since it's my thread F it) here is a pic when he was about 4 years younger than now. And btw, since there is a lot of DF members that love dogs and Mustangs Maybe a thread in the other section is in order, to show off our DF dogs.

Wow! He sure had a lot of ears to grow into. Did you refer to him as "Bat Dog"? I bet he was able to hear a mouse fart from a mile away with those things!

Old 11-05-2010, 02:55 PM
RamSport97
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Wow! He sure had a lot of ears to grow into. Did you refer to him as "Bat Dog"? I bet he was able to hear a mouse fart from a mile away with those things!
LMAO, You ever think about doing stand up? Your comments always have me falling out of my chair.

And no problem Z-Man!

Last edited by RamSport97; 11-05-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:36 PM
TheBigRedOne

You all know what that pad is for right..? I'm assuming not. Its a fire supression blanket. In case of a fire the plastic clips are designed to melt at a fairly low temp, and drop the blanket on top of the engine bay, in an attempt to smother the fire. I'm not sure how well it would actually work, but it certainly cant hurt your chances.

I put a new one into one of my Rams last week. Set me back 75 bones at the stealership.

Last edited by TheBigRedOne; 11-05-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:06 PM
RamSport97
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by TheBigRedOne
You all know what that pad is for right..? I'm assuming not. Its a fire supression blanket. In case of a fire the plastic clips are designed to melt at a fairly low temp, and drop the blanket on top of the engine bay, in an attempt to smolder the fire. I'm not sure how well it would actually work, but it certainly cant hurt your chances.

I put a new one into one of my Rams last week. Set me back 75 bones at the stealership.

I won't kill you, maybe your truck though! It's not hanging down bad yet, and I know the potential fire problem. I'm just curious about the paint.
Thanks for pointing it out further though, I am sure a few people didn't know that is what the under hood pad was designed for.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:07 PM
TheBigRedOne

I'm pretty sure he was thinking the blanket itself is a fire hazard. And you're welcome.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:09 PM
RamSport97
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by TheBigRedOne
I'm pretty sure he was thinking the blanket itself is a fire hazard. And you're welcome.
Idk, Z-man is a pretty intelligent dude, he probably knew it was a fire suppressant. Either way, still good info for other people who may not know.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 11-05-2010, 04:39 PM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here is bruiser, i got him right around the same time i got my truck. a little over 2 years ago and the first time i changed plugs, he decided he wanted to help was told that he is half shepherd and half malamute or husky, cant remember

this is back in the spring with my awesome snow dog

Old 11-06-2010, 08:27 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice dog Dakota.

And yes, I knew that about the liner, but I've also heard of them falling off and staring a fire.

Quick Reply: Under hood insulation/liner