2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No Power - Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 10:38 PM
foxea
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Power - Help

My engine has no power. I have a 94 5.2 with 204,000 miles. Runs great except it is a dog (No power). I did a code read with the on, off, on, off, on trick. I have 12, 37, 32, 55. I know the #12, 37, 55 are nothing. The 32 code is a Short or open in the EGR solenoid circuit. Check for loose, broken, or shorted wire in the EGR valve wiring and connectors. Possible air fuel ratio imbalance not detected during diagnosis.

Before anyone wants to say plenum gasket, I replaced it this summer with a homemade AL plate. My oil eating problem is gone. The cat. has been howled out, so that is not plugged. I was going to change the O2 sensor but I could not get the old one out, I tried penetrating oil, taking it out hot, O2 wench from Auto-zone, but it would not budge.

I can hear what sounds like an exhaust leak after I did the plenum, but I have not looked at it yet, but I do not hear it all the time. Its a nocking sound.

Can a O2 or the EGR rob the power from the engine. How do I check the EGR? How do I get the O2 out?

Last edited by foxea; 11-12-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:17 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

On GM vehicles....... if there is an EGR fault, the computer will go into permanent open loop, (until the code is gone....) and also pulls timing..... which will give exactly the symptoms you describe. I don't know if dodge plays the same way. Check you EGR solenoid circuit, see if you have power on one side, with the key on. computer grounds it to complete the circuit. You can test the wire for continuity.... but, not exactly easy to test the computer..... also test the solenoid on the valve itself, should be some resistance there. An open, or zero resistance would indicate a bad EGR valve.

For the O2 sensor, if you cant get it out, take your new one to some indepent shop, and ask them to change it for you. Shouldn't be more than 20 or 30 bucks....

If you have access to a torch...... take the hot wrench to it.

Quick Reply: No Power - Help