2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 09:57 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,383 Likes on 3,123 Posts

Erm, G-Force chip? Where, pray tell, is that going to go? You have an 01, which is OBDII, you don't replace chips, or piggy-back them, or anything else of that nature, you reprogram the ECM....... (that, and they specifically state you don't modify the ECM?

I smell snake oil. I would be REAL insterested in just how they accomplish their claims.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:04 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey you is correct, you have been sucked in
Did you pay $69 for it?

Quote from their totally BS site,,,,

"EASY INSTALLATION. Installation can be performed by anyone using simple hand tools. The GForce module installs into your DODGE RAM 1500's engine bay and is connected via 2 wires that plug into the IAT sensor. Diagrams are included. The unit is then able to reprogram the ECU thus improving your car's performance. Everything needed for installation is included in this kit for a quick and easy installation that shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. There is absolutley nothing else needed to have this installed on your vehicle."

I highlighted the kicker in bold type.
You just bought a small plastic box, probably with some sharp looking printed sticker on outside & a red & black wire coming out.
If you crack open the box, inside you will find a single small resistor.
You have been had & just threw away your money.

Only things that give performance gains to your truck are.
MP PCM, Superchips, Hypertech & SCT tuner.

Whats really sad is Dodgeforum has one of the sponsor links to this BS above the genII forum threads!
Shame on DF for supporting or allowing these scam artists to STEAL our members money like that!!

Last edited by RM_Indy; 12-03-2010 at 11:06 PM.