2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Where to mount CB antenna ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 08:09 AM
MNRAM1500
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got dual 3ft'ers mounted on the corners of my toolbox range is around mile and a half two miles... but it looks WAY better

Old 12-04-2010, 09:37 PM
lazyboy
Rookie

definately not the most efficient place but mine is a 4 ft? fire stick mounted on the front bumper to the far right.
works very well at flagging this corner of my truck when wheeling or tight in a parking lot.
running ssb so have reached 10-12 miles but not too serious about it or it would be mounted center top of vehicle.
Doug

Old 12-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Pacmanloads
Captain

Yeah I had a K40 mounted on the roof of my Bronco...I think it was 5' . I got wicked range with it but it also hit everything....trees in the woods ,roofs of drive-thru windows ect . I am only going to be using it while i'm in the woods so I won't need much range and I would like to keep it a little discrete . I drive Truck for a living and usually leave it off so I don't have to listen to how stupid the trucking industry can be . Thanks for the suggestions everyone gonna mount it this week sometime. I will make up my mind at the last moment like always .

Old 12-05-2010, 12:38 AM
joshsbetterhalf
Professional

I have a 4 ft fireside with the hood mount. It works okay but I really want a magnetic one. If you are interested, let me know.

Quick Reply: Where to mount CB antenna ?