2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

PA system with my CB

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 10:21 AM
a-master
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PA system with my CB

I have a cheap CB in my truck and I would like to do an external PA system with one or two external waterproof speakers which are loud enough to scare the people who walk slow as hell when crossing the street or stupid drivers. The speakers need to be very mud-proof, as they will sit in the front, near the bumper. I suppose I would need an amp... And on the subject of CB's the antenna I have is crap anyone wanna recommended me a good one?

Old 12-13-2010, 10:29 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Freedom of speech includes volume.

You can pick up PA horns at many different places. They are designed to live in unfriendly environments.... just mount them so that they are at least somewhat protected from direct contact of whatever you happen to be driving thru. On the passenger fender well, over by the LD pump, etc, wouldn't be such a bad place. Being behind the radiator, and under the hood, won't compromise performance. And I don't think an amp is required...... suppose that depends on what radio/pa horn you get.

Firesticks are good antennas. Mounting location/grounding, is also important.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:30 AM
a-master
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Freedom of speech includes volume.

You can pick up PA horns at many different places. They are designed to live in unfriendly environments.... just mount them so that they are at least somewhat protected from direct contact of whatever you happen to be driving thru. On the passenger fender well, over by the LD pump, etc, wouldn't be such a bad place. Being behind the radiator, and under the hood, won't compromise performance. And I don't think an amp is required...... suppose that depends on what radio/pa horn you get.

Firesticks are good antennas. Mounting location/grounding, is also important.
You da man haha. Wouldnt a pair of 50 watt speakers be underpowered by my $30 walmart CB?

Old 12-13-2010, 10:32 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Probably really only need one. Look up the specs for your radio, and see what output power on the PA side is. Compare that to max input power for whatever PA horn you decide on, and take it from there. If there is a big difference there, grab the appropriate sized amp.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:33 AM
BigRedRam95
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have mine on the rear bumper 5ft red firestick get out about 10-15miles

Old 12-13-2010, 10:35 AM
BigRedRam95
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can get amplified pa speakers for a cb

Quick Reply: PA system with my CB