2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

B&G flash suggestions based on my specs. need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 04:49 PM
95Erokram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&G flash suggestions based on my specs. need help

Okay well. I know I have a jet chip and its worthless and dont look at my sig thinking thats a mod im using okay. Based on everything else, i have the 95 5.2L, shortwheel base auto tranny (stock with 145,000 but shifts great and is very reliable) and 3.55 gearing. One thing that suffers is my top end (foruth gear hitting at 75-78) however it is still stock. I have my 5.2 breathing and exhailing as good as I can while motor is stock. Im looking into either just the basic prem truck flash or how can i get more with a custom without destroying my truck. TM can it be safely removed as well, thats an iffy. im guessing even the basic truck flash would do wonders compared to the next to nothing jet chip i had. Thanks for your time! ps. I dont think i have an m1 manifold, wait duh, i know i dont have it. But the plenum is fine!

"B&G Premium Truck Flash (92-95 SBEC) (96-03 JTEC) - $350 flashed PCM or Flashed into Handheld ($650) includes shipping (Ground)" (*)

"This PCM upgrade is designed for vehicles with little or no modifications using stock intake manifold

Revised premium fuel & timing tables
Shift points raised to 5000 rpm
Rev limit raised to 5400 rpm"

or

"B&G Custom Truck Flash (92-95 SBEC) (96-03 JTEC) - $400 Flashed PCM or Flashed into Handheld ($650) includes shipping (Ground) (*)"

"This PCM upgrade is designed for the customer who provides his own specifications for fuel and timing, shift points, rev limit, and speed limit settings or packages that are not
factory engine/trans options."

"Revised timing & fuel tables (per customer request)
Shift points (per customer request)
Rev limit (per customer request)
Torque management removed
Speed limit raised but not removed (per customer request)"

(quoted from B&G)

Old 12-16-2010, 04:54 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

Does the 95 even HAVE torque management??? I was under the impression that was a 98 and newer thing? No??

Old 12-16-2010, 05:01 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

First thing you should do, is remove the Jet Chip from your sig,

Second thing you should do is call B&G.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:02 PM
95Erokram
Veteran

you know, that a good question because it acts like it wouldnt. Would you or anyone by shance know what or where to find the stock rev limits and shift points (RPM's) im guessing for now just the basic flash will be very noticeable. Venom pcm is my only other option. venoms better than jet but are still too many bad reviews for me. MPCM is a fossil anymore in the dodge community, those who have one, indefinately keep it...I would too lol. i keep bouncing back and forth on my last mod to get.. tuning

Old 12-16-2010, 05:06 PM
95Erokram
Veteran

Originally Posted by zman17
First thing you should do, is remove the Jet Chip from your sig,

Second thing you should do is call B&G.
absolutely, right after this lol. Im just wondering if anyones noticed good things about these guys, seems like my most reputable option.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:20 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Yeah bud, for sure, I would call them before spending money on something that won't work or you won't be happy with.

Edit, btw, I've never heard anything negative about them on DF.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:29 PM
95Erokram
Veteran

Originally Posted by zman17
Yeah bud, for sure, I would call them before spending money on something that won't work or you won't be happy with.

Edit, btw, I've never heard anything negative about them on DF.
thanks man, yeah i hear b&g is great so ill wait until after xmas just in case. Might get me a little something extra this holiday season. alrighty Enjoy the holidays fellas

Old 12-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When I did my B&G flash, I called them and talked to them first. We talked for some time about what I wanted out of my truck, what I had done to it, what I planned to do to it, etc... They build me a tune that was basically a modification of their M1 tune (since I was modding my kegger intake instead of M1), adjusted the limits and the idle the way I wanted it, removed TM, etc... They where very thorough in my opinion, and I have what I think is a great tune for my truck. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Ugly1
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I wonder what it would take gather and email them the type of data they'd take if you had it in their shop. Can you do as well locally instead of drive the old beast back for a personal visit to B&G.by: first making the more serious flow/fuel altering mechanical mods all at once, ie injectors prepped heads cam and possibly intake in my case, then for example pay for some time on a local dyno using whatever data logging equipment necessary and send it all to them so they could mail me a new module or whatever it is I'd be getting from them.

edit : sweet runon sentence lol

Last edited by Ugly1; 12-16-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:55 AM
95Erokram
Veteran

Originally Posted by Silver_Dodge
When I did my B&G flash, I called them and talked to them first. We talked for some time about what I wanted out of my truck, what I had done to it, what I planned to do to it, etc... They build me a tune that was basically a modification of their M1 tune (since I was modding my kegger intake instead of M1), adjusted the limits and the idle the way I wanted it, removed TM, etc... They where very thorough in my opinion, and I have what I think is a great tune for my truck. I'd recommend them to anyone.
okay well. I have the low end grunt, want more top end and higher rev rpm's ( willing to sacrifice the first for the other) so when I do the plenum that has been very kind to me so far, im thinking m1 then... THEN the b&g tune after. Correct? in alaska, ive only got 5 good monthes of dry roads to slam the throttle so I get the most out of my time, hence why Im rushing to get mods done

Quick Reply: B&G flash suggestions based on my specs. need help