2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electrical guys...ambient outside air temp. sensor electrical question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2023, 08:01 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Originally Posted by bernhard
For my 2004 ram 2500 it wasn't plug and play I had to unpin the harness running down the driver side pillar and figure out which wires did what and I got everything except three and my overhead cluster reads temp -- it won't give me any temp at all and im having trouble figuring out which wires are for the overhead temp sensor it seems between the trucks the plugs are the same but the wires themselves are in different positions same thing happened when I added electric windows and door locks it took a good day or two of just testing and testing the lighting is weird in these trucks due to the canbus system so it's a positive only loop I found thst out when connecting aftermarket tow mirrors with puddle lights and marker lights now if I could just find which two wires at the overhead console are for the temp sensor I'd be finished haha I wish it was plug and play honestly I'm jealous yours was 😀
Your truck is a third gen, dramatically different than the 01 and older trucks. Chances are, your truck needs to be programmed for those features to work properly.

Quick Reply: Electrical guys...ambient outside air temp. sensor electrical question...