2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Huge pisser.. what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 02:49 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you wouldn't if you had a mortgage payment, folks you're responsible for, and enjoyed a certain lifestyle that the $$$ allows..

The professional community is small.. the town isn't.. I'm one of 17 who does what we do, worldwide. I'm also the senior person of my specific discipline- which you would think gives me a lever to pry, but instead is often viewed as a burden to the bottom line.. I doubt I will be released for anything other than a major screw-up, but that doesn't mean friction on a personal level goes well with professional relationships.

regardless of what they've done- I have a professional reputation to uphold, and have to be mature enough to separate personal from business.. These guys are professionals too, so I'm hoping for the best. It's easy, purpl, to say 'well, if it were me...', but you likely lack the maturity to make a business decision yet, or the ability to see long term ramifications of your words or actions. Wait until you have a mortgage, people you're responsible for, and a lifestyle you want to maintain before you make such a statement..

fwiw- I'll get good and drunk with them one eve, and beat the hell out of them.. We're all former Marines.. We all understand that particular language clearly.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Road Hammer
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
If it's nothing more than lifters/pushrods, why pull the intake?
I'm not a pro here, but I believe the lifter will not fit through the head, have to remove the intake to remove the lifters........

Old 01-20-2011, 02:55 PM
drewactual
Champion

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
If it's nothing more than lifters/pushrods, why pull the intake?
I pulled the valve covers yesterday.. and the rocker rollers over that particular cylinder and push rods.. I can't get to the lifters w/o removing the intake and spider, unless you know something I don't (which I'm sure you know a helluva lot more than I do), if you do know how to fish them out w/o taking the intake off, PLEASE let me know!!!

Old 01-20-2011, 02:58 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by drewactual
you wouldn't if you had a mortgage payment, folks you're responsible for, and enjoyed a certain lifestyle that the $$$ allows..

The professional community is small.. the town isn't.. I'm one of 17 who does what we do, worldwide. I'm also the senior person of my specific discipline- which you would think gives me a lever to pry, but instead is often viewed as a burden to the bottom line.. I doubt I will be released for anything other than a major screw-up, but that doesn't mean friction on a personal level goes well with professional relationships.

regardless of what they've done- I have a professional reputation to uphold, and have to be mature enough to separate personal from business.. These guys are professionals too, so I'm hoping for the best. It's easy, purpl, to say 'well, if it were me...', but you likely lack the maturity to make a business decision yet, or the ability to see long term ramifications of your words or actions. Wait until you have a mortgage, people you're responsible for, and a lifestyle you want to maintain before you make such a statement..

fwiw- I'll get good and drunk with them one eve, and beat the hell out of them.. We're all former Marines.. We all understand that particular language clearly.
If they are so "Professional" why were they revving your truck past the redline and beating the hell out of your truck? I'm not genius, but that doesnt sound very professional to me. If you have a reputation to uphold, it sounds like it isnt a very good reputation. You're letting people screw up your **** and you're not doing a damn thing about it. It doesnt matter if you are 7 or 70, make $7000 or $700000 a year, people should be held accountable for their actions. And since your friends are so "professional" they should understand this, and tell you the truth.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:06 PM
drewactual
Champion

Originally Posted by zman17
+1, what a bunch of crap! Been following this thread. I'm in shock that you would even attempt to fix/diagnose the problem yourself! Knowing that they took it out and beat the shat out of it. Something is not right here!
I'm set to talk with the big guy this afternoon- I'm going to give him a heads up about the situation before I mention it to the guys in question.. It's a very political place and job, and I've decided it would be wise to apprise the lead of the situation beforehand, in order to reduce the amount of 'throwback' that could come from it all.. This game is chess, not checkers..

I don't mind telling 'yall either- I long for the days of the playground, where if there was an issue- you threw down right there on the spot, and/or you found a suitable compromise.. Things were easy then.

my train of thought, after thought, is this: these guys argued with me about the borg shaft, and the PSC steering brace- I told them it wouldn't fit my truck unless they had a model that wasn't listed on the manufacturers webpage.. I told them I wanted to make a preemptive move to keep my steering in order and wanted a rock solid rig.. They told me they had what I needed, and it was in fact made by Borg and PSC. Well, as it turns out I was right.. I ask myself: "do I really want these guys working on my ride?", and I talked to others they have done work for and it was all positive.. then I drive the guys 'loaner', which is a 94 (or 5, I forget), 5.9, and though he swears the plenum is fine, even after a quick glance I can tell you it is not.. and the thing pings like a floggin' slot machine..

I'm thinking, there is no way I'm going to allow them near my truck again.. I'm going to apprise the big chief of the situation, and then I'm going to make a call and address the situation..

Anyway, I'm just worried about how to go about diagnosing and repairing the engine here, I'll handle all the other details about the other side of the story with these guys..

Old 01-20-2011, 03:08 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Give them all keys to your truck so you can keep your job! LOL Whatever out.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:10 PM
drewactual
Champion

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
If they are so "Professional" why were they revving your truck past the redline and beating the hell out of your truck? I'm not genius, but that doesnt sound very professional to me. If you have a reputation to uphold, it sounds like it isnt a very good reputation. You're letting people screw up your **** and you're not doing a damn thing about it. It doesnt matter if you are 7 or 70, make $7000 or $700000 a year, people should be held accountable for their actions. And since your friends are so "professional" they should understand this, and tell you the truth.
look, you little punk, I tried to be nice about your comments but now you're way over the edge. You don't know a goddamned thing about me other than what I'm writing in this forum. Maybe some day when your ***** drop you'll have some understanding- until then, or until you have something constructive to add why don't you shut TF up?

Old 01-20-2011, 03:28 PM
drewactual
Champion

Originally Posted by zman17
Give them all keys to your truck so you can keep your job! LOL Whatever out.
again, I asked about the engine.. I've already shared too effin' much info about the situation.. wtf? is this place 'As The Effin' World Turns' or some such crap?

It happened when I wasn't around.. I suspect it was from tearing through the mud, and most likely running it hard.. I should have left it at that... 'yall win.. I'm out.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:33 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

look, you little punk, I tried to be nice about your comments but now you're way over the edge. You don't know a goddamned thing about me other than what I'm writing in this forum. Maybe some day when your ***** drop you'll have some understanding- until then, or until you have something constructive to add why don't you shut TF up?
i agree he does have growing up too do ! all he does is talk smack on half the people here including myself. he just a mimik of "Miami_Son"

i hope you fiqure out the problem man mines been ticking for 6 months now and had no engine light since. so im just thinking its a stuck lifter , wasnt going to tear into it till i order new heads with pushrods and springs. and i will prob get a girdle for the 1.7 so i wont have to worry about them slipping off.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Road Hammer
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

again, I asked about the engine.. I've already shared too effin' much info about the situation.. wtf? is this place 'As The Effin' World Turns' or some such crap?

It happened when I wasn't around.. I suspect it was from tearing through the mud, and most likely running it hard.. I should have left it at that... 'yall win.. I'm out.
From the title of this thread, the "impression" is that you were askin about more than the engines issues. You offered up too much info to not expect rebuttal. Add to that the fact that it's mid-winter and a lot of people are experiencing "cabin fever" and .....well.....you end up here. Too much attitude from all involved parties IMHO.
Generally speaking, in the last 2-3 weeks I have noticed that a lot of the responses here seem to be initially "agressive" in nature, I just wrote it off to the previously mentioned "cabin fever". I'm not pointing fingers at any one individual, just something that I've noticed "generally", lately. I'm on a lot of forums and this one isn't the only one I've noticed the "change" in lately either. I read a lot, but don't post much.
Remember fellas, we're all in this together!

Quick Reply: Huge pisser.. what would you do?