2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:04 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

HID Kit MOD Dodge Ram

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 04:10 PM
dipsherry
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

blue hid's plus strobes in the headlights. i could see that being a major problem with johnny law

Old 02-02-2011, 04:12 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Yeah, around here, color isn't really that much of an issue, but, if you have strobes, no matter what color..... officer friendly isn't very friendly........

Old 02-02-2011, 04:42 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigRedOne
Go for it. Because if you had actually looked at my IP address, you would realize that I'm not even in California right now.

Oh, and moot point. The law is the law, and aftermarket HID's are illegal. Period. Blue HID's are just a way to draw attention to yourself. Blue HID's = illegal in all 50 states. No matter how you try and cut it.

No, my issue is that you stated it's a felony. It's a traffic law violation, not even a misdemeanor, let alone a felony.

You go to jail for a felony, a traffic law violation isn't a whole lot more serious than posting bullsh*t nonsense on a forum without a clue, post after post after post...

Old 02-02-2011, 05:09 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion

^^^^Win........

Old 02-02-2011, 05:49 PM
EricCartman
Veteran

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
No, my issue is that you stated it's a felony. It's a traffic law violation, not even a misdemeanor, let alone a felony.

You go to jail for a felony, a traffic law violation isn't a whole lot more serious than posting bullsh*t nonsense on a forum without a clue, post after post after post...
It really depends on the officer. He may decide that his is going to charge you with impersonating an officer, which in most states is a felony charge. It's one of those gray areas that would have to be settled in court. Definitely more of a headache than I would want to risk dealing with.

Cartman

Old 02-02-2011, 06:00 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by EricCartman
It really depends on the officer. He may decide that his is going to charge you with impersonating an officer, which in most states is a felony charge. It's one of those gray areas that would have to be settled in court. Definitely more of a headache than I would want to risk dealing with.

Cartman

I'd agree with you if we were talking strobes and then it would be a stretch unless he could show that it was in the act of committing a crime. But this thread is (or at least was) about bluish tinted headlights. Ain't no way that's getting construed as impersonating an officer.
I worked in the court system from 1994 until 2005, the testers for headlights have to be calibrated and certified just like radar speed detectors do and believe me, a headlight has to have almost no hint of white in it to fail. Way more blue is allowed than I would want to see on any headlight on the road.
As stated before, blue color on the spectrum offers way less visibility than white. Blue headlights are just a bad idea, but not a felony.

I've personally seen a truck with a red, rotating strobe globe light on top and the cop simply made the driver remove it on the spot, didn't even confiscate it nor write a ticket. Red is just as much of a violation as blue, as it's reserved by the DOT for emergency vehicles...

Old 02-02-2011, 06:17 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Cant we all just agree that blue headlights suck and you shouldnt have them!

Old 02-02-2011, 06:24 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion

Pretty much my 6k's are as blue as I would want,

I know one thing I have red LED's mounted to light up the grille of my truck, I normally use them when Im at fires or parties, why they look cool IMO and have saved my truck from gettin hit at least 4 or 5 times.

Well I have them on a switch so I turn them off when driving on the road, and not always do I remember to turn them off, I have driven pass regular county cops and state troopers and neither times have I been bothered by them, they are not strobes but they are bright enough to see easily at night

Old 02-02-2011, 07:23 PM
TheBigRedOne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71

So what have I posted that's bull****? Please, enlighten me.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:54 PM
99dodge318
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bigred i really wouldnt start a fight with one of the sites admins!
it can get pretty ugly! lol

and to the op, did you get the low beam/high beam kit? or just the low beam?
for $30 im putting this on my parts list!

Last edited by 99dodge318; 02-02-2011 at 11:05 PM.

Quick Reply: HID Kit MOD Dodge Ram