2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

parking lights and tail lights stay on even with switch in off position and ignition.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011 | 01:02 PM
98lifted360

So i am having a problem with the lights on my truck its a 98 ram with the 360 in it. My problem is a little different, only some of my lights will come on. so in the front when driving i have no parking lights only headlights (high and low beams work), Then in the cab i have no dash lights at all, and in the rear i have no running lights but i do have brake lights. And i know its not the switch because i have already replaced it with a brand new one.

Old 12-07-2011 | 08:47 PM
adictif

The little black box in the fuse box it's name " Relay "
But for me this relay wasn't the problem

Old 12-08-2011 | 01:46 PM
MedicNathan
Veteran

Originally Posted by DodgeRider1500
If it isnt fuses, i had this happen to me, there is a small black box on the drivers side under the hood. I am not entirely sure what it is called, but if you want i could maybe snap a picture of it. I had to go get one from the scrap yard for 5 bucks. But ya, same symptoms for me, clearence lights would stay on regardless of key position.
This little black box is the Daytime Running Lights module. I thought only Canadian trucks had them though

Old 01-03-2016 | 05:51 PM
LeeW094432

Originally Posted by DodgeRider1500
If it isnt fuses, i had this happen to me, there is a small black box on the drivers side under the hood. I am not entirely sure what it is called, but if you want i could maybe snap a picture of it. I had to go get one from the scrap yard for 5 bucks. But ya, same symptoms for me, clearence lights would stay on regardless of key position.
I'm having this issue with my 2010 Charger. The battery and fuse box is located on the trunk. So just curious if "the little black box" would still be under the hood, drivers side or am I looking at the relays in the fuse box. I tried switching the relays but that didn't help. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. And pics would help because I'm just that kinda guy. Pics help a ton for me.

Old 01-03-2016 | 08:32 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by LeeW094432
I'm having this issue with my 2010 Charger. The battery and fuse box is located on the trunk. So just curious if "the little black box" would still be under the hood, drivers side or am I looking at the relays in the fuse box. I tried switching the relays but that didn't help. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. And pics would help because I'm just that kinda guy. Pics help a ton for me.
Post in the charger section. Our trucks are DRAMATICALLY different than your car.

Welcome to DF!

Old 01-03-2016 | 09:02 PM
LeeW094432

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Post in the charger section. Our trucks are DRAMATICALLY different than your car.

Welcome to DF!
Oh oops. Just saw this problem and it was exactly what I was having. Didn't realize this was a truck thread. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 01-03-2016 | 10:18 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by LeeW094432
Oh oops. Just saw this problem and it was exactly what I was having. Didn't realize this was a truck thread. Thanks for the heads up.
No Worries. We are happy to have ya here.

Quick Reply: parking lights and tail lights stay on even with switch in off position and ignition.