2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Throttle Bodies

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 01:51 PM
1999blkdakrt
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would warn everyone who buys modified throttle bodies to clean them throughly with brake cleaner before installing, the reason is because there are alot of fine aluminum metal shavings everywhere, and you dont want them sucked into your motor

I will guarantee you will not find any shavings anywhere on or in one of my throttle bodies period, with that being said I hope you cleaned out the inner ports on your throttle body, not just the outside. In addition I can clearly see by your picture you posted that it is NOT a true 50MM throttle body, maybe 49mm at the best. I can see remains of the stepdown in there.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:37 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

For what its worth... I was very impressed with the throttle body I bought off the forum. This was my port and polished TB. I have also seen the craftsman ship the fastman does on his throttle bodys (I used to have one). They look amazing, but this TB is a happy medium for me.

Edit.

The camera doesn't do it justice. It is hard to get a picture because any light reflects so much off of it. I also just looked up who I bought mine from. "bwdakrt". Guy was awesome to deal with. Turn around time was excellent. Bad news is I don't think he does it anymore.

Last edited by pcfixerpro; 02-13-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:26 PM
99dodge318
Record Breaker

I will guarantee you will not find any shavings anywhere on or in one of my throttle bodies period, with that being said I hope you cleaned out the inner ports on your throttle body, not just the outside.

i would have sprayed it down and cleaned it even if i bought it from the fastman, its just an extra safety precaution, just like i sprayed and wiped down the inside of my cai before i installed it.
and yes i did clean out all the inner passages and ports.

by the way how much do you charge for a 50mm tb 1999blkdakrt? i believe i pm you a couple months ago for one and you said you were backed up or something.

im not trying to go against you or anything, i posted those pics as a referenced so everyone could see the difference from your workmanship and salex's, im just another customer like everyone else.

Last edited by 99dodge318; 02-13-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:32 PM
1999blkdakrt
Professional

At the moment I was in Oklahoma over the holidays until Jan 7th, unfortunately bwdakrt aka Dwight does not do them anymore, he has passed the torch to me so to speak, I have owned 4 dwight throttle bodies myself and I can assure you that my throttle bodies are just as good as his, they are identical in form and function yet only vary in appearances slightly.
These throttle bodies shine sooo much they are actually hard to take a picture of. Nevertheless you can actually shave with one if you were out camping and forgot your mirror!
As to what I charge, on the forums I currently charge 90 bucks shipped priority with a new fel-pro gasket, 4 stainless button cap bolts to reduce air turbulence, a S-bolt to further reduce air turbulence and instruction sheet on how to reset the PCM. Not to mention my money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with my throttle bodies, I also offer a 52mm for a whopping 140 bucks shipped on the forums! I have all linkage styles and right now I will sell type 1 linkage for 80 bucks shipped for the 50mm and 130 shipped for the 52mm.
All my throttle bodies are thoroughly cleaned, media blasted, machined bored to a true 50 or 52mm, 52mm have laser cut blades while the 50mm retains the stock blades, the 50mm have absolutely no evidence of the stepdown or that it ever existed. Not bad for 90 or 140 bucks. A pic or 4 of what you get.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:35 PM
1999blkdakrt
Professional

See ad in classifieds and PM me if interested!
I will also take other P&P throttle bodies in on trade.

Last edited by 1999blkdakrt; 02-14-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Throttle Bodies