2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 08:27 PM
CBR900RR19
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Headlights

So anyway broke a front parking light on my truck this week but hey that's ok because I have been wanting to upgrade my headlights anyway. I've been doing a lot of research both on here and off site not having too much luck. I saw quite a few posts on here for after market headlights with links to Ebay which don't work anymore so I couldn't check them out. Then I found these but everyone says the stock lights are way better and pulled them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Found a guy on here that installed Spyder projectors but he wasn't happy with them after having them awhile. Would prefer an upgrade without halo or projectors like my girlfriend has in her third gen. Yes I know they have two bulbs not one like mine but I like the crystal clear lens they have and the brightness. If I had to use any maybe these halo's says they will fit my truck but a little confused because they appear to have two bulbs.Not real familiar with halos...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-01...Q5fAccessories

So any way does anyone have any that they have installed that they actually LOVE???? Anyone???

Old 02-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Lemunman
Professional
Talking

avoid these plz i got the dual halo ones cool till i hooked them in leds sucked wiring was a mess projector as cheap as a magnifing lens high beams forget about them and about a half inch gap between the lights and body oh and drivers side parking lights were to short to put into a all in one piece light. stick stock grab hids ddmtuning and be happy i had to buy new leds new halos which i had to heat up the sealent and peel the headlights aprt ......well i vented fells good ha hope it helps

Old 02-14-2011, 09:02 PM
CBR900RR19
Professional

Originally Posted by Lemunman
avoid these plz i got the dual halo ones cool till i hooked them in leds sucked wiring was a mess projector as cheap as a magnifing lens high beams forget about them and about a half inch gap between the lights and body oh and drivers side parking lights were to short to put into a all in one piece light. stick stock grab hids ddmtuning and be happy i had to buy new leds new halos which i had to heat up the sealent and peel the headlights aprt ......well i vented fells good ha hope it helps
Haha vent away!! You said avoid these?? Brand? Where did you purchase?? Maybe a picture of your truck or the lights so I can see which to run from LOL!!! Thanks

Old 02-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Lemunman
Professional

i had k2 motor ones the look decent from a far let me find some pics. at night look good but nothing is stock i changed and added everything from the hallos to the bulbs to parking lights to the light bar that was a joke on top. originaly it was a hunk of plastic thick enough to use as a plenium plate with a lil 194 wedge b behind it.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:12 PM
smcandrew08
Professional

I LOVE my ebay projectors that i have. I did upgrade to hids as well though.. The ebay projectors were put together crappy so i put an extra seal of clear sylicone over them and had to switch a wire around in order to get the highs to work correctly but i would not replace them with anything else and i think they look great. And the ebay hid kits for like $40 were a pretty good deal, i havent had any of the ballasts or bulbs fail and i have had them for a year, but depending on reviews the cheap hid kits are kind of hit and miss as far as them working well.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:56 AM
CBR900RR19
Professional

Originally Posted by Lemunman
i had k2 motor ones the look decent from a far let me find some pics.

Thanks for the info... Like to see how they look after you finished with them

Old 02-15-2011, 12:56 AM
CBR900RR19
Professional

Originally Posted by smcandrew08
I LOVE my ebay projectors that i have. I did upgrade to hids as well though.. The ebay projectors were put together crappy so i put an extra seal of clear sylicone over them and had to switch a wire around in order to get the highs to work correctly but i would not replace them with anything else and i think they look great. And the ebay hid kits for like $40 were a pretty good deal, i havent had any of the ballasts or bulbs fail and i have had them for a year, but depending on reviews the cheap hid kits are kind of hit and miss as far as them working well.
Any chance I could get a close up at them and your work you did??

Old 02-15-2011, 08:43 AM
ontimeanthony
Rookie

Would prefer an upgrade without halo or projectors like my girlfriend has in her third gen.
I wanted to do this very upgrade as well but have since bailed on the idea because of the responses I got here and deciding to use the money on other upgrades. I have seen about 3 sets of headlights for our Rams for sale in my area on Craigslist. They all have said things like "don't like the way they look". I am doubting that is the reason because of what I have read on here about the cheapies. Here is my post on the non-hid:

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...eadlights.html

Among many problems I have read about the cheapies, one of them is adjustment. I live near Stylin Trucks in Cleveland. They sell Anzo Headlights. I talked to their sales department and they said the Anzo lights are fully adjustable, but they have a hefty price tag. Here is the link to the Ram's headlight's at Stylin Trucks, they come in Chrome or Smoked:

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?category|category_root|-25=Exterior&category|cat_-25|181=Headlights&canned_results_trigger=&partfami lyid=3152

Last edited by ontimeanthony; 02-15-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:58 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion

I bought a set of lights off ebay too, and can't say im completely thrilled with the results. Yeah the truck looks cool, but im more for funcationality than looks... although they do have the cool leds :P

I was disapointed in the reflector. I don't think they give the light pattern or output they should imho. Also, since these are non adjustable, I did have to put shims on one side to match the other.

If I had to do it all over again, I probably would buy stock replacements and do it right.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Lemunman
Professional

These are the ne but stock ones
Never mind I cant figure out how to add pix if you have a facebook just
Add me Austin switzer from bloomsburg pa

Quick Reply: New Headlights