2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 06:34 PM
CBR900RR19
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ontimeanthony
I wanted to do this very upgrade as well but have since bailed on the idea because of the responses I got here and deciding to use the money on other upgrades. I have seen about 3 sets of headlights for our Rams for sale in my area on Craigslist. They all have said things like "don't like the way they look". I am doubting that is the reason because of what I have read on here about the cheapies. Here is my post on the non-hid:

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...eadlights.html

Among many problems I have read about the cheapies, one of them is adjustment. I live near Stylin Trucks in Cleveland. They sell Anzo Headlights. I talked to their sales department and they said the Anzo lights are fully adjustable, but they have a hefty price tag. Here is the link to the Ram's headlight's at Stylin Trucks, they come in Chrome or Smoked:

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?category|category_root|-25=Exterior&category|cat_-25|181=Headlights&canned_results_trigger=&partfami lyid=3152

From all the research I have done both here and else where I think I'm going to steer clear of Ebay and their cheap sets. I haven't found anyone that is happy with their results. They either aren't adjustable or have to make mods because they are cheaply made or just not bright enough or poor light dispersal. That's why I want to upgrade in the first place I think the stock lights don't offer enough light to make me happy. I'm going to check into the Anzo's to see if anyone any where has them an likes them...

Old 02-15-2011, 07:05 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CBR900RR19
That's why I want to upgrade in the first place I think the stock lights don't offer enough light to make me happy.
I've got a pair of PIAA Xtreme Plus White lamps in the stock housings (restored to original clarity, of course) and I'm happy enough with them. I hesitate to recommend them because they're pricey, but OTOH a decent set of aftermarket housings is even pricier. So maybe they're something to consider?

Old 02-16-2011, 01:58 AM
CBR900RR19
Professional

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
I've got a pair of PIAA Xtreme Plus White lamps in the stock housings (restored to original clarity, of course) and I'm happy enough with them. I hesitate to recommend them because they're pricey, but OTOH a decent set of aftermarket housings is even pricier. So maybe they're something to consider?
Since I broke the parking lamp lens I was going to replace both assy if I could upgrade to something better. If I can't I'll consider the PIAA Xtreme Plus White at 4000K. I have always had good luck with the Sylvania Silverstar Ultras at 4100K. I installed them in my bike with a huge difference and they seem to last a good long while. I'll have to compare some prices and see which gives me the best bang for my buck... Thanks

Old 02-16-2011, 02:11 AM
96smokestack
Professional

I just sanded mine and HOLY CRAP they look new! Just wet sand with 800 then 1000, 1500, and 2000. Then buff out with pad/drill using McGuires PlasticX . Looks amazing!

Old 02-16-2011, 02:15 AM
CBR900RR19
Professional

Originally Posted by 96smokestack
I just sanded mine and HOLY CRAP they look new! Just wet sand with 800 then 1000, 1500, and 2000. Then buff out with pad/drill using McGuires PlasticX . Looks amazing!
Mine aren't yellowed or cloudy I have just never liked the brightness.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:29 AM
96smokestack
Professional

Originally Posted by CBR900RR19
Mine aren't yellowed or cloudy I have just never liked the brightness.
just wanted to help others

Quick Reply: New Headlights