2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Seafoam!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 12:15 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Don't put it in the oil, and you won't have to change it.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:23 AM
dodgeramit_10
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ur ganna get mixed answers all over the board.. But **** I had a full can in the gas, full can in the intake, full can in the oil. one can is good for what 2 to four cyl. I still notice more power every time I add it

Old 02-17-2011, 12:35 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

That's not because you are putting it in the oil. It's because most likely your plenum is shot, and using seafoam cleans up the carbon.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:36 AM
Flipzslick
Rookie

The best practice is not to put it in the oil unless you want to flush your motor. Put it in run the engine for about 15 mins (or while your putting it in the intake). Then drain the oil and replace with new, don't just pour it in you oil and drive around with it in there.

The best way to put the seafoam in. Is through the pcv with a induction bottle. You can make one very cheap! And it truly works so much better. All the smoke you see after you pour the seafoam in is the seafoam burning off not cleaning, ( you poured it in to fast!). A little smokes normal. Alot of smoke means you wasted you time.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:47 AM
99dodge318
Record Breaker

flipzslick how do you make a Induction Bottle? do you have a pic of it?

and ive really never trusted seafoam and those other mystery oils! but if yall say youve had good results, then ill try it.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:26 AM
Flipzslick
Rookie

You'll need about 4th rubber hose( small enough to fit your pcv port on the intake). An adjustable needal valve and a bottle (or jar), and another small piece of hose (long enough to go from the needle valve thought the lid, and to the bottom of the bottle.

If you can find clear hose that's best.

Cut a hole in the lid of you container. Small enough that the hose is snug. Then make a 1/16in hole in the lid for venting, run your hose through the lid and to the bottom of the bottle. Connect the needal valve to the hose, the conncet you 4th hose.

Fill your bottle with seafoam or what ever, screw on the lid, connect your hose to the intake, start you truck the slowly open the valve. If you got clear hose or a valve with a window (oil-right makes them) open the valve enough to have a good drip. Not running straight though.

The will give you the best cleaning results!

GL. I'll try to get a pic up. Of mine.

Quick Reply: Seafoam!!