2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My flowmaster 10 series

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 10:30 AM
97Rampowerhouse
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The street racing/ acting like a tard is what pisses me off. About 4 years ago my buddies and myself use to hang out on a Park Ave, a road that is nothing but straight away. There are a lot of buisnesses on this strip and lots of ppl driving to stores and what not. Well it was just a nice place to hang out and with the redneck friends. There were a few other ppl that insisted that it would be cool just to start drag racing from light to light. A kid that my friends and I knew pretty well had a gsx r 1000 street bike, it had extended swing arm and no rear brake because he didnt have the money to get a longer brake line. I know stupid! Well he wanted to go out and race around on his newly finished bike. We all use to sit parked along the road in a parking lot and watched all the other be idiots. The kid went up to Odd lots to turn around and came back out on the road, and cracked the throttle. There was a yellow light and a ranger was turning infront of him, all the kid could do is lock up the front tire. Needless to say we watched the entire thing and I have never seen a bike make a truck into a v shape and a helmet fill up with blood so fast. Very eye opening experience! And yes the kid died instantly, the front forks and handle bars were at the back tire. He was traveling about 110 mph. So for the ppl that think its cool to act like a retard on the road. Rethink it and take it to the track!

Old 03-01-2011, 11:42 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

Two things can kill you on the road. Your stupidity, and someone elses stupidity. YOUR stupidity you can do something about. Someone elses stupidity you have to watch out for.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:22 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well im putting my order in for the 10 series muffler. gonna be 3" in 2.5" out. i have 3" pipe from the cat back so im gonna be getting reducers and such to make it all fit perfectly!! thank you again for making my decision possible... haha

Old 03-01-2011, 02:05 PM
97Rampowerhouse
Captain

Nice you will love it! Is your pipes straight out the back or out the sides like mine? The kit I bought from flowmaster had the option of going straight back or angled. I put mine to the sides cause it sounds better.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:06 PM
97Rampowerhouse
Captain

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Two things can kill you on the road. Your stupidity, and someone elses stupidity. YOUR stupidity you can do something about. Someone elses stupidity you have to watch out for.

Very very true..

Old 03-01-2011, 02:29 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97Rampowerhouse
Nice you will love it! Is your pipes straight out the back or out the sides like mine? The kit I bought from flowmaster had the option of going straight back or angled. I put mine to the sides cause it sounds better.
mine go straight out the back, but i might get some mandrel bent 45's and go out the sides. the tips clogg up way too easily when im plowing cause i back into snow banks sometimes.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:30 PM
redneckrocket38
Professional

Look at the cherry bomb extreme. Its the same thing as the blowmaster and a good bit cheaper. Sounds good powerhouse, we need a drive by though, I wanna compare it to my CB. Here's a vid of mine with stock manifolds and cat.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:43 PM
tweeker909
Professional

Anyone run a Spintech ? Think about getting one along with there mid-length headers.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:32 PM
97Rampowerhouse
Captain

[quote=redneckrocket38;2433417]Look at the cherry bomb extreme. Its the same thing as the blowmaster and a good bit cheaper. Sounds good powerhouse, we need a drive by though, I wanna compare it to my CB.

Yea I will get a drive by vid, I live on a dead end road so Ill have to go somewhere else lol. Yours sounds pretty good. I have to make a inside the cab video also Purpl wants to here it in the cab, when WOT the CAI is louder in the cab than the pipes w/ windows up. Windows down thats a different story.

Last edited by 97Rampowerhouse; 03-01-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:35 PM
97Rampowerhouse
Captain

Originally Posted by tweeker909
Anyone run a Spintech ? Think about getting one along with there mid-length headers.

I have never heard of Spintech mufflers until you posted. I looked it up on youtube on a 2nd gen, its sounds pretty good

Quick Reply: My flowmaster 10 series