2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Plenum... maybe :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 02:29 AM
ColoradoRamLover
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Plenum... maybe :(

I think my plenum is starting to go or is done. My power seems weird. Sometimes its there, sometimes its not. Later today Im gonna look inside and see if there is oil down in the keg. Although I checked my oil and its basically where its at when I changed it.

If its not the plenum what could it be? Its definitely not the tranny. Ive only been city driving and Im gettin 9.5 which honestly is what Ive come to deal with for city driving. I sometimes get 10 if Im really light on the pedal. And its not slipping or showing signs its wanting to take a duece. Maybe its the cat? Ill check on that too by knocking on it. Maybe its time for a tune up? it is a couple hundred miles from 100,000 miles so that may be why also.

Knock on wood its nothing too seriousy though.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:03 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Definitely check the keg, and, if you haven't done a tuneup in recent memory, that would be a good plan as well. Seafoaming the intake won't hurt either. If your O2 sensors are still original, might consider replacing the pre-cat.....

Reset the PCM afterwards, and see what happens.

Quick Reply: Plenum... maybe :(