2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Reverse went out !!!!!

Old 03-30-2011, 10:34 AM
kingjcg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Reverse went out !!!!!

Hey their people i was wondering if any mechanics or DIYers can help me. i have no idea why my reverse went out one day it was fine next thing you know im stuck and have to push it out of a parking spot. when i put it in reverse and roll back i hear a knock noise and i put it in drive and it runs perfect. i think i may have a broken part or something. how difficult is it to drop a tranny and rebuild and what should i look for ? i just had a baby girl so spending $1500 is out of the question PLEASE HELP

Old 03-30-2011, 10:38 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,164 Likes on 2,918 Posts

Drop the pan first, and see if there are any parts laying about on the bottom of it. (seems to be a rash of trans problems lately.....)

Old 03-30-2011, 08:56 PM
pashtrd
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same thing happened to mine a month ago. pushed into a snow pile, went for reverse....nothing. Drive worked just fine. $1900 and a week later i had a reman trans with a 2 yr warranty.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Reverse went out !!!!!