2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

nitrous ?????s

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 04:01 AM
edlucky1
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much would it be to refill a nitrous tank? A basic supercharger setup would be around $2000 and I would think that it would be better designed for a dodge engine. Like I said I don't know a lot about nitrous, just trying to learn why nitrous would be better suited considering that you would have to refill it every time and that you would have to build it yourself.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:56 AM
dipsherry
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by edlucky1
How much would it be to refill a nitrous tank? A basic supercharger setup would be around $2000 and I would think that it would be better designed for a dodge engine. Like I said I don't know a lot about nitrous, just trying to learn why nitrous would be better suited considering that you would have to refill it every time and that you would have to build it yourself.
nitrous kits are very straight forward... you need to splice into a fuel line and t it off. then you need to place the nitrous nozzel in the intake. and run a throttle switch for both soliniods. and thats pretty much it. I can install a wet kit in about 1 hours and thats hiding all the lines under the carpet. dry kits are even easier due to the fact they dont mix fuel and nitrous. but they burn motors up quicker in my opinion. Price wise the procharger kit was 5495 last place i saw it. for that price i would just twin turbo. But not looking to go that outrageous. nitrous is 3.50 a pound at my local shop. so a 10 lb bottle is 35 bucks to fill. i would make about 25 passes a night and use a little less than 3 pounds. with a 50 shot. now if i was wanting a 250 shot then yes i would use alot more. but i am comfortable with nitrous so thats y most of my babys are bottle fed

Old 04-11-2011, 06:51 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

What are you gonna use it for? Beating a douche in a Chevy Celebrity wagon (coolest car ever BTW) to the grocery store?

Unless your truck goes 1/4 mile at a time, I dont see any point in nitrous.

Last edited by PurplDodge; 04-11-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:42 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
What are you gonna use it for? Beating a douche in a Chevy Celebrity wagon (coolest car ever BTW) to the grocery store?

Unless your truck goes 1/4 mile at a time, I dont see any point in nitrous.
Did you know, that for a time, Chevy made Celebrity wagons with all wheel drive?

Old 04-11-2011, 10:04 AM
dipsherry
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i will be running my truck at the track...i figure i spend most weekends at gateway in the crossfire. Why not run the truck and see what she can do. i dont expect a 13second truck but if i clipped low 15s i would be happy...this is my 18th car/ truck and every one i like to mod...some may not see the point but to me i think its great when a heavy *** truck beats a civic or compact.

Quick Reply: nitrous ?????s