2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:34 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

Improving mpg in the 5.9L? IMPOSSIBLE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011 | 04:08 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Bens5.9l4x4
... but when u get paid out the *** it becomes worth it. Even if it does fry the trans
DIAF, man. It's other people's families you're putting at risk with that kind of irresponsible behavior. Just DIAF.

Old 12-19-2011 | 04:15 PM
Bens5.9l4x4
Rookie

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
That truck is grossly overloaded. I am not impressed.
Trust when I say it wasn't to impress you. It was to prove my point

Old 12-19-2011 | 04:16 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion

It was very over loaded it weighed 26,713 on a cat scale on the way back but when u get paid out the *** it becomes worth it. Even if it does fry the trans
Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
DIAF, man. It's other people's families you're putting at risk with that kind of irresponsible behavior. Just DIAF.

Agree UU.

Bens -- I really hope you don't CONDONE this in the future. This demonstrates the putting [strike]lack[/strike] of personal gain over the high potential of a tragedy. It only takes one time for brakes to fail. I hope the axles break and remain in that condition forever. Something I never say about someone in a respectful mind. This is asking for an unfortunate (god forbid NOT) situation.

Old 12-19-2011 | 04:20 PM
Bens5.9l4x4
Rookie

I don't see how you figure but if you don't like it don't look at it. I didn't put it on here to be criticized I was proving a point but thank you for your concern

Old 12-19-2011 | 04:21 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

I don't see how you figure but if you don't like it don't look at it.
Just DIAF.

Old 12-19-2011 | 04:23 PM
Bens5.9l4x4
Rookie

Look it was on a rarely traveled high way and if I didn't do that job me and my family were getting put out of our home so please don't make me feel dumber than I already do my doing it

Old 12-19-2011 | 04:26 PM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by terry nixon
lose da fan and gain 2 mpgs proven on Powerblock TV

this will only help mpgs if your in constant stop and go traffic, at speed the mechanical fan draws very little power to turn

Old 12-19-2011 | 05:08 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Look it was on a rarely traveled high way and if I didn't do that job me and my family were getting put out of our home so { ... }
So please don't give you the load of crap you so richly deserve for coupling 22,000 pounds to a 10,000 pound hitch, behind a truck that cannot be safely controlled in that configuration and whose brakes are nowhere near up to the task, and taking it onto a public highway?

Nope, no free pass for you. If things had gone wrong because you so grossly overloaded your truck, and it's something approaching miraculous that things didn't go wrong, you'd have put your family out of their home anyway by severely injuring or killing yourself and burdening your wife with the financial liability for any injury or property damage you caused. You might have taken out another family's breadwinner and put two families out of their homes, or taken out a young family on the way to grandma's house, putting them off the planet and your family out of their home. There's just no up side here.

Yeah, I'm being harsh. Please don't rationalize stupid 5h17 like that ever again. You might actually be too dumb to live (and I'm not saying that you are), but your family probably needs you just the same and the innocents on the highway deserve their lives, liberty, and pursuits of happiness too.

I'm done now. Do take care, huh?

Old 12-19-2011 | 05:35 PM
drewactual
Champion

Every time I see something like that on a public roadway I'm angry for a half hour afterward. And if it was coming toward me on a two-lane I have to change my drawers.

funny thing about it is: If I HAD to transport something like that, it would be the truck on the trailer and the crawler tuggin... I'm sure I'd get a few strange looks- but none of them would be of horror.. huh...

Old 12-19-2011 | 05:59 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Trust when I say it wasn't to impress you. It was to prove my point
What point was that?
  1. To prove you're irresponsible?
  2. To prove you're reckless?
  3. To prove you can test the mechanical limits of the vehicle before it breaks?

Quick Reply: Improving mpg in the 5.9L? IMPOSSIBLE!