2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

need major help fast...broke water inlet

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 07:25 AM
dipsherry
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need major help fast...broke water inlet

where can i find this i just changed my plenum timing chain ect...well i noticed yesterday i had a coolant leak. well i located it its this thing in the pic..it seems to be the water inlet for the heater core...so i went to the scrap yard and found this intake on a truck i tried to remove it but i only had 35 minutes before they closed so i just ripped this intake off and figured i would just get it off when i get home...no luck i have soaked n lubercint heated with little butane torch. i have been working on this for 12 hours. i could of just replaced my plenum again but this intake has egr mine doesnt. anyone know where i can buy this piece...

Name:  2011-04-22055206.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  93.9 KB

Old 04-22-2011, 07:38 AM
Novarider
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The metal tube the pliers are grabbing? I think thats built into the intake and not replaceable. I could be wrong tho.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:50 AM
dipsherry
Record Breaker

yeah thats the one...mine on my intake cracked somehow...and i went to get this one its threaded in mine at least was and it came out easy as pie. and the one in this intake i can see threads sticking out of the bottom

Old 04-22-2011, 08:10 AM
dipsherry
Record Breaker

i guess i could just get a piece of threaded pipe from the hardware store and thread it in then just slide the hose over it....i hope

Old 04-22-2011, 10:15 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Parts store should sell those, or, the dealer....... fairly standard part, just threads in.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:15 PM
dipsherry
Record Breaker

yeah i thought that too but no luck for me...so i got my intake off again gonna go get a new gasket and just swap them over this intake here has the 2 coolant sensors i need any ways so i can use my aftermarket temp gauge for the trans like i intended to originally...just have to spend the rest of the day cutting this one up booo

Quick Reply: need major help fast...broke water inlet