2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

update on new truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 10:06 AM
zeekxxx
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: update on new truck

I always see cars from accidents going down the road at a slight angle when you look at them from the rear. I hope they do A good job for u. Before you pay them make sure you can test drive it and have a buddy drive behind u

Good luck

Old 07-06-2005, 11:40 PM
jrmcx
Rookie

"I always see cars from accidents going down the road at a slight angle when you look at them from the rear. I hope they do A good job for u. Before you pay them make sure you can test drive it and have a buddy drive behind u"

Called "dog tracking". A problem with a badly bent car with integrated frame. A good frame shop should be able to straighten out greenmachine's ride, if need be.

Old 07-11-2005, 05:34 PM
greenmachine
All Star

Well here we go. THE FIGHT. You know the one with the insurance company. Got in touch with the insurance company, this yaahoo that hit me did not even tell them he was in an accident. So I faxed them a report and they told me that we had to wait on claims. Took two days I called back and was informed that claims now has to send it to the adjusters. THEY will give me a call. GUESS WHAT! no call -so I call back and of coarse get a machine. Starting to get upset, wait I was already , OK MAD is now the word. The bodyshop says that my truck should be considered undrivable due to the fact the doors dont shut properly. Wind comes right on in to the truck and wouldnt you know my back glass fell out this moring just after we started getting rain from that damn hurricane. SIGH.

I hope they total my truck. I have done my own estimating and come up with 4k in parts. I have not factored in paint, labor, and items I cant see. The truck only lists for 9500$. Frustrating not knowing what is going to happen with it. Wish I knew so I could get one lined up to buy.

Dodgegirl19 I will send you picks of the truck soon.

Until the next chapter...

Old 07-11-2005, 05:44 PM
zeekxxx
Captain

Heres how you get some action

Tell them that your back has been hurting like hell and that your thinking about going to the doctor.

Once they hear that they will fast track your case to settle before you can get the lawsuit ball rolling.

Not that you would sue but they dont know that.

I got rear ended from behind and my girlfriend hit the windshield. No seatbelt - In 89 the law was just passed in Ill - took a while to get people to use them.

The company had a messenger service on like 24/7 in seemed so I left a message saying I wanted to get this all settled before I had to go back to the doctor this weekend to have my back looked at.

BAM 1 hour later he was talking about getting me in to look at the damage to my car.

Lol

Worked for me... But I lie so good I make myself think its true.... scary sometimes.....

Old 07-11-2005, 07:24 PM
joeuc23

ORIGINAL: greenmachine

I hope they total my truck. I have done my own estimating and come up with 4k in parts. I have not factored in paint, labor, and items I cant see. The truck only lists for 9500$. Frustrating not knowing what is going to happen with it. Wish I knew so I could get one lined up to buy.
Been lurking here ever since getting my Ram (about 1 1/2 months): 1999 Ram 1500 SLT QC 4x2. I feel your pain...the reason I got my Ram was because someone t-boned my '94 S-10. But here's the kicker - He doesn't have insurance, plus his registration was expired.

I do have some information that may lead you to believe that your truck will be totalled out. In the state of Kentucky, if a vehicle is damaged 75% of its retail value, it is deemed totalled. Just a bit of information I've learned trying to get this guy to pay me. You may want to see what value your states deems a vehicle totalled.

Side note: I appreciate all the good advice I've read on this forum.

Good Luck,
Joe

Old 07-11-2005, 08:28 PM
1500sport
Professional

In Indiana it is either 75 or 80% and its totaled. Had a dakota go thru a hailstorm. Insurance valued it at $5100 and it had over $4000 so it was totaled. Bought it back for $800 though and drove it for a while.

Old 07-12-2005, 12:14 AM
jrmcx
Rookie

My kid's been in body n fender work for 10 years. He's been working for same small shop for that period. The owner decided long ago they only do work for rental car agencies. The reason being there's a flat rate for every repair. He got tired of dealing with insurance moron's a long time ago.

Old 07-13-2005, 01:11 AM
RcBandit28
Captain

Insurance companies are a royal pain in the ***! When I had my accident 2 yrs ago I was t-boned by a tri axle dump truck in my 99 ram, it took 9 months to settle because the moron driving the dump truck came up with some air head story that it was my fault, dumbass....so my Insurance company (state farm they rule!) fixed my truck, TO MY SPECIFICIATIONS, then went after the other insurance company, I drove it for a while, traded it for the HEMI....then 9 months later it was FINALLY settled!

Another story, my brother was driving his 97 ram when he was rear ended by some old lady, who had no right driving in the first place. Had duals on the truck, hit so hard it drove the duals into the shocks and bent the shocks......her stupid insurance company (Allstate) said they would prorate those shocks because the truck had 85,000 miles on it and they were worn out...I threw a big fit about that one.

Don't settle with the insurance company until you are 110% satisfied!

Old 07-13-2005, 11:33 AM
greenmachine
All Star

hey everybody this situation just keeps getting better. Old dude's ins. co. is now telling me they WILL NOT do anything about the truck until they get a statement from him. The thing is they cant find him--so I wait --and wait. The call back number for him is no longer valid so they have to send a contact letter. How long will that take?! So until then my truck continues to get wet and I remain unhappy.

I contacted my ins co and told them I will file thru them. That means I am out 500$, a compressor, and rental car fees until this is settled. One good thing is my ins co is on my side and I believe they will agree that it is totaled. If they do then I will not need a rental, I already have a truck lined up.

Any suggestions. Do you think they will react to me claiming to have a lawyer.

Old 07-13-2005, 07:53 PM
DURTGURL81
Rookie

report them to the department of insurance in your state, and they should have a copy of the police report if one was filed, due to the fact that there was more than 500 dollars worth of dammage.
i was rear ended in feb and they still have yet to take care of me. so im suing them now well as far as they think. there wasnt a ton of dammage done, just annoyed at the fact that they want me to pay a deductable when i wasnt the one that caused the dammage nor the accident. so i have switched insurance carries since.
i dont know where you are located, but there is a nice looking yellow dodge sport im not sure if its a quad cab or just club cab. but it looks good, and i dont know if its a 4x4 just looks nice where its sitting. its at a loacal dealership in town here. i dont think there is any body dammage.
but if your looking for another one theres one here i dont know if your willing to travel for it though.
but as far as your insirance they shouldnt need to get a statement. your insurance carrier should be hounding them right now. they should be taking care of your truck before some old man gives some statement.
as i said if there was a police report filed, and witnesses, they shouldnt need a statement due to the fact that the report explains it all and doesnt leave too much room for lies.
you shouldnt be out a car because they need to wait. the guy could have croked, and they wouldnt know it.
but i hope something gets resolved for you faster than whats been going on with me.
here in NC i just reported my old carriers, and the agent who worked on my claim to the department of insurance, and they usually get things un-f*%ked pretty quick.
have a nice day, or at least try to.
shannon

Quick Reply: update on new truck