2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

update on new truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 11:23 AM
greenmachine
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: update on new truck

I am so insanely happy---NOT.

My truck is totaled(I wanted that). I did get my rims and tires off of it though. Anyway there is another lovely twist to my story. The truck I have been looking to purchase is gone. The salesman told me that it would be held until I got the settlement on the truck. He called the owner to confirm. Everythings a go. Got a call from the saleman telling me the truck is gone. I was furious to say the least. You know that feeling where you feel like ripping someones head off and throwing up at the same time. I called the owner and he said that they dont hold cars because he has had bad experiances doin that. I told him that he needed to get his s%$t straight. As far as I am concerned a mans word is a contract. What a looser.

His excuse is that they are a small dealership and they have to move cars. Who gives a f^@k we had a deal. He then tried to make it all better by saying he will find me another. NO THANKS

Looks like I am footin it for a while. Cant find one I like.

P.S. Still nothing from the insurance.
Until the next exciting episode.....

Old 07-21-2005, 12:12 PM
moparman81777
Professional

Damn that sucks big time you arent having much luck well hope you do find what you are looking for also rule #1 never believe a car salesman

Old 07-21-2005, 01:49 PM
jrmcx
Rookie

I've had it happen on a new truck. Order some specific options. Argue the salesperson down to an acceptable price. The truck arrives and shows up on the lot. Before the sales guy calls you somebody else offers more for it. You call the sales guy "it ain't in yet".

Old 07-21-2005, 04:35 PM
SiX

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I've been in three wrecks, two of which were totals, none were remotely my fault. You should get your deductable back when your insurance company settles with the old guy's. If you have any aches or pains, see a doctor. Some things don't show up for a while. I'm sporting a fashionable scar on my neck with a titanium plate holding a couple of fused discs from my adventures. Insurance companies can be a pain to work with. Mostly the other company, but when I was insured with Allstate, they were down-right evil. I'll never insure with them again, even if my premium was $5 for eternity.

As for your search for a new truck, try eBay. If you're careful and do your research, you can end up with a great vehicle for a good price. I purchased an 89 Cherokee a while back and it was a great rig. Also, choose your dealership wisely if you go that route. I'm pretty experienced at car shopping and in my recent truck hunt, I went to about a dozen dealerships. Most of them didn't listen to what my needs and wants were. They never understand that no Fords, means no Fords! Guess they thought they could bully a woman, but they picked the wrong one to try that trick on. Stick to your criteria, research prices, make low offers and stick to them. It's ok to walk away, they hate it when you do that. And never tell them what you can afford or what payments you want. It just gives them an opportunity to fit a truck into a certain price range regardless if it's worth it or not. They'll do the paperwork so it prices out to the penny of your limit.

Good luck with everything.

Old 07-28-2005, 03:26 PM
DURTGURL81
Rookie

if your still looking for a yellow sport dodge ram its looking really nice. and still there, and its a small personally owned dealership.

we live in a jar head town, but they are all looking for rice rockets, and little wanna be trucks

Quick Reply: update on new truck