2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

5.9 magnum CEL P0201-P0208 help...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 03:28 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Trust me on the ohms readings for our injectors. Either that, or all my injectors are bad, which I highly doubt since my truck runs fine.

I tested mine with harness off.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:55 PM
w1ck3tt
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonw
Trust me on the ohms readings for our injectors. Either that, or all my injectors are bad, which I highly doubt since my truck runs fine.

I tested mine with harness off.

I tested them with it off as well and got 12-13 ohms each. I was trying to test it with the harness on too so I can see if I get a good reading from start to finish...... So what you are saying is, if they read between 0 and .1 they are bad? That is not the case here then. unfortunately its been raining for the past few days, and we had a server go down at work so I've been working late there... Hopefully this weekend I can get back on it!

Old 05-18-2011, 03:50 PM
u-shoot-irak
Amateur

I have cpu and harness from a 95 360. Not sure if it'll work on yours.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:45 AM
w1ck3tt
Rookie

Weekend update, rain finally cleared up long enough to actually spend time working On it. I did find the green and orange Striped wire from injectors to add relay, resistance test is good. After putting it all back together, I noticed it is running a little rough, and it's got me wondering if it was running like that before, and I just didn't notice, it sounds a little different and you fan feel it just ever so slightly, like it has a miss. I unplugged injectors 1x1 while it was running and each one unplugged made a good difference, so it seems the are all firing. When I give it some gas, u can really tell it's acting up, so I'm pretty sure it's at least worse now than it was before i started messing. I've decided to order the new computer Monday (they are closed over the weekend). I'm pretty sure that's my problem. I did take it out to inspect/test internals but there is a silicone type barrier covering the circuits. Hopefully new ECM will solve my problems!

Old 05-22-2011, 09:35 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

Yeah, PCM's are pretty much non-serviceable. If it goes bad, replacement is the only option.... Let us know how it turns out.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:53 AM
w1ck3tt
Rookie

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Yeah, PCM's are pretty much non-serviceable. If it goes bad, replacement is the only option.... Let us know how it turns out.
I will be ordering today, but first wanted some more opinions on this. I was reading a post where a dakota v6 was having similar issues, but it was only one bank of injectors instead of both. After quite a looong post, replacing pcm, all wiring (harness and plugs) and injectors, etc...his problem turned out to be one failed valve spring and several others starting to fail.... Could this be possible on all 8 of my cylinders? I am not sure how to check this out....

Old 05-23-2011, 08:15 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

I suppose anything is possible. It just depends on what criterion the PCM uses to decide if the injector circuits are not functioning as it thinks they should.

How many miles on your truck?

Old 05-23-2011, 10:29 AM
w1ck3tt
Rookie

I suppose anything is possible. It just depends on what criterion the PCM uses to decide if the injector circuits are not functioning as it thinks they should.

How many miles on your truck?
173k on her

Old 05-23-2011, 12:05 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Hhhmmm...... while such a scenario is plausible... (again, depending on just how the PCM decides the injector circuits aren't working right...) I think it would be terribly coincidental for EVERY cylinder to suddenly develop the same problem.....

Wonder if looking at the assorted PCM grounds wouldn't be a bad idea?

Old 05-23-2011, 02:38 PM
w1ck3tt
Rookie

Hhhmmm...... while such a scenario is plausible... (again, depending on just how the PCM decides the injector circuits aren't working right...) I think it would be terribly coincidental for EVERY cylinder to suddenly develop the same problem.....

Wonder if looking at the assorted PCM grounds wouldn't be a bad idea?
I've done that a few times, I could be doing it wrong too, but I can't find any issues there. I just ordered a remanufactured PCM that has a lifetime warranty for 225 shipped, programmed with latest updates and my mileage. I hope that is it!

Quick Reply: 5.9 magnum CEL P0201-P0208 help...