2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Front brakes STILL locking up

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 02:29 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

Originally Posted by bobboraze
Trust me I'm more than pissed now. Unfortunately they're 200 miles away at my other place, I don't feel like risking another trip to get there. He's out but I'm calling back in 10 minutes.

No I checked, the soft lines are definitely brand new. As well as the calipers, pads, and rotors.

I'll take a look, though the fact all those parts are literally brand new, including the brackets. As well, this problem occurred just as much with the old pads, as well as the new. Nothing changed in that respect.
That statement would make me wonder if the Master Cylinder wasn't going out......

Old 05-19-2011, 04:20 PM
bobboraze
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
That statement would make me wonder if the Master Cylinder wasn't going out......
Well the old pads were down to 10%, I believe the problem was there, I just didn't notice it. The new pads really grip well.

I just took it for a spin around town, no locking up at all... so confused...

Old 05-19-2011, 04:24 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

Flush the system anyway..... Getting ALL the old crappy fluid out certainly won't hurt you.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:15 AM
Novarider
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it was happening before and after the new parts then its not those parts. I would replace the master cylinder

Quick Reply: Front brakes STILL locking up