2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Still Not 100%

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 10:03 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

It will be set up to bolt to the stock manifolds. If your headers bolted to the stock Y-pipe, should be all set.

No cat is illegal in all 50 states, for any vehicle driven on the road. (if it originally came with one.....) There is a pretty long stretch of straight pipe there though, so, if you wanna stick something like a magnaflow high flow cat in there, it's doable. (just get a single in/single out, of the correct diameter.) Even with the cat, it will flow a hell of a lot better than the stock unit.

I live in michigan, and don't have emissions testing here, and I have never heard of a cop writing someone a ticket for no cat...... Not even once.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:18 PM
DodgeRam10
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
It will be set up to bolt to the stock manifolds. If your headers bolted to the stock Y-pipe, should be all set.

No cat is illegal in all 50 states, for any vehicle driven on the road. (if it originally came with one.....) There is a pretty long stretch of straight pipe there though, so, if you wanna stick something like a magnaflow high flow cat in there, it's doable. (just get a single in/single out, of the correct diameter.) Even with the cat, it will flow a hell of a lot better than the stock unit.

I live in michigan, and don't have emissions testing here, and I have never heard of a cop writing someone a ticket for no cat...... Not even once.

my cat acts as a y right now so if i put the offroad y i wouldnt use the magnaflow cat because the only reason i would use the offroad y is to eliminate the cat for better flow and power. Thats what i was trying to figure out is if i should put the new magnaflow cat on that has two in and one out with the header pipes or if i would be better off selling the cat and getting the offroad y. is it that big of a difference? thanks for the help

Old 05-26-2011, 03:15 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

If you got the one piece magnaflow guy, and you already have it.... I would just put it on. It HAS to be better than the stock piece of crap. You might pick up a little power in the upper RPM range with no cat, but, that's not generally where our trucks operate.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:32 PM
DodgeRam10
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, thats what i was wondering if it would be worth the hassle of selling my magnaflow and getting the offroad y. I guess ill just stick with what I got if its not that much of a difference.