2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

body swap question

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 12:56 PM
RAMACK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default body swap question

Hello all. newbie to the site here. Anyone ever done/heard of sapping a durango body onto a ram1500 chassis? Ihave a low mile ram that I love, mechanically bulletproof, but starting to rust, got some dents, need a 4 door, etc. i got a 99 durango that i actually have negative money in. The body is good but the driveline is cashed. I would really like the ram under-goodies with the suv abilities.the ram is an xcab shortbed, looks about 11 inches longer, 4 inches wider. i will shorten the frame and deal with the width, anybody got any thoughts? thanks in advance.

Old 05-28-2011, 02:14 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,395 Likes on 3,135 Posts

Anything is possible. Just depends on your fabrication skills. Nothing is going to line up though..... probably have to shorten the frame for the truck so the wheelbase will be the same as the durango as well. which means shortening a driveshaft too.... Billions of little details, that you don't think about until you are trying to put it together, and notice a 'problem'.

Quick Reply: body swap question