2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hemifever tuners

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 11:17 PM
dodgeman2289
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love mine improved in every aspect. Mpg stayed the same i run on 87 tune. 93 killed my gas millage and killed my tires haha. You couldnt pay me to get rid of this tuner. Ive tried hypertech. Sct kills hypertech i ran 93 with 93 gas on hypertech and it didnt even compare to sct 87 on 87 gas

Old 06-03-2011, 08:48 AM
bmergner
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have contacted Sean several times about my results and no help, he offered to resend the tunes to me twice but i never got them. i told him i was not pleased and no results. i told him him about my upgrades when i did order the programmer. i tow a boat so doing the programmer and hughes intake i was looking for performance towing gains. i towed the boat a few hundred miles after i did the hughes intake and a huge difference..... Very Pleased...... i then did the hemifever programmer on all three different tunes and the truck runs much better without it........ iam upset that i spent the money on the programmer and wasted a bunch of money on high octune fuel trying to see how it ran. it's very upsetting knowing that everyone has great luck with the hemifever tune, my performance went down and gas mileage went down...... kinda sucka................

Old 06-03-2011, 10:44 AM
ron333
Captain

This is definitely NOT typical for Sean. Something seems wrong here... Try him again. He has ALWAYS been very good about responding to my questions in the past. He does sometimes get a little busy, but even then there's only a day or so of waiting for a response. He prides himself on great customer service.

I would try contacting him again and explain how you feel about the situation. He will respond. Also, the best way for him to diagnose exactly what's going on with your engine is to send him data-logging results from a wideband O2 sensor. He'll be able to dial it in perfectly with the proper info. Every truck will be slightly different even with the same setup and modifications. Getting data-logging info for your truck will help a lot with fine-tuning it!

Old 06-03-2011, 11:35 AM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just finished taking to Sean about a problem I was having that I thought was caused by the tunes. It wasn't the sct's fault though.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:19 PM
dodgeman2289
Captain

Wow sean has sent me tunes 2 times i got them every time. He had to update them due to low end was tuned to aggressive caused spark knock. He sent me his new versions of the tunes. My opinion i dont like them low end disapeared. I asked him for originals again he sent them and thats wut i use. Every question ive has been answered and he always is very nice. And professional. Sorry you have had bad luck. I do not know if ur problem could be the tuner or something else.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:27 PM
bmergner
Rookie

seand and i were emailing several times back and fourth, he got back to me everytime. i thought he would offer to take it back to check it but instead he told me to sell the programmer??????? not very good customer service to me. iam in the parts business and we take product back when a customer is not happy. oh well i guess, sounds like everyone else has better luck with his product and better service then me. just me luck...

Old 06-03-2011, 06:43 PM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about that. It's uncharacteristic of him. I'd expect that from Hughes, not Hemi.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:53 AM
bmergner
Rookie

so Friday afternoon after reading everyone's posts and everyone else has seen some great gains and gas mileage increase i went ahead and sent Sean a email on Friday to give him a FYI on the feedback and what MY dodge is NOT doing. Never heard back from Sean?? sounds like i have programmer that may have issues and sounds like iam on my own....

Old 06-06-2011, 04:10 PM
dodgeman2289
Captain

sorry dude. i just sent him a message 2 days ago and they very next morning i had an email back from him. he gets it on his phone if u sent it to his hemifever@aol.com. sorry your having bad experience with him every time i send him a message i get a quick response

Old 06-06-2011, 04:41 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion

You sent him an email on friday afternoon, come on I wouldnt expect a response till tuesday.

And this doesnt sound like a programmer issue more like you have other underlying problems.

Did you notice a difference with the OD.

Quick Reply: Hemifever tuners