2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hemifever tuners

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 03:02 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you may find a buyer here.. wish you luck with it man.. and yeah dude- it does suck..

if your shift points moved, it kinda indicates that the programs are at least loading- which is one of the reasons I asked.. that kinda indicates the programmer itself is working..

I'm almost of mind to send you one of my tunes.. I have an '02 5.9L w/ cali emissions.. there is a difference between '01 ans '02/03.. where I'm going with that is you may be a late build and the changes implemented.. but that would be tracked by VIN/PCM ID, and I'm pretty sure HemiFever asks for that data not only to match the vehicle, but to match the alterations in programming..

let me ask you this: when you run one of the tunes, did your gauges act goofy at all? Was the gas gauge reading the same as before the tune was loaded? Did your tach act funny at all?

If you would like, I can send you one of the tunes and yo can try it.. there is a little risk involved, but it may be something you want to try?

Old 06-12-2011, 10:19 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been doing some thinking about this.. and I'm trying to be objective..

I loaded my first tune AT THE SAME TIME I did the Hughes Plenum Kit, and keg mod, shorty headers, and full tune up.. I can't blame the tuner for all the gains.. I CAN blame the tuner for moving o/d higher, and reducing torque management..

I personally think the SCT worth it for the tranny behavior if nothing else.. It ABSOLUTELY advanced timing too- which accounted for better pep, and better use of the fuel.. But I can't honestly say it is responsible for ALL the gains I saw..

I went back later and did the Air Gap.. And FMS Injectors, Gears, true duel exhaust.. THAT was a difference.. I did efan, THAT was a difference.. I replaced o2's and IAT's, 52mm Fastman.. Those were noticeable.. The tune brought them all together..

I wonder, if done by itself- if I would have noticed any of this.. Putting the original tune back on isn't an option because of the fuel curve due to injectors.. BUT- if someone would be so nice and hook-up a OBDII monitor, and watch ignition timing and fuel curve ON THE OE TUNE, and then run one of HemiFevers tunes (any of them) and capture the same data for comparison, I think we may be able to track down what yours is and isn't doing..

Old 06-13-2011, 09:19 AM
bmergner
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everyone's input has me thinking but i also think i need to stop thinking about it, headache if you know what i mean. i left the truck at the lake with boat and i plan on taking the tune out and then put a scanner on the truck and see if any codes are present. iam at the understanding that maybe i wasted 300 bucks on the tuner or maybe a have a issue in the truck, i don't know. before i did a single mod to the truck it ran PERFECT and pulling a 6000lb plus boat without issues tells me allot. knowing my gas mileage ( not towing ) was 13mph before i did anything tells me something too. last year i did the k&n and flowmaster single cat back, still ran great and gas mileage was around 13.50mpg. did the hughes airgap... what a performance difference!!! WOW... gas mileage stayed the same at 13.50mpg and pulling the boat i noticed a difference wuthin the first 1 mile of towing. WOW. the hemifever, no performance gain and gas mileage dropped. i will make one more honest effort to go a step more to find out a reason why the tuner does not get me gains like everyone is getting. i have installed tuners and chips in more cars/trucks then i can count over my many years and have also noticed gains, more on some and less on others but a gain was noticed..... the one i buy, No Gain... my luck and my problem per sean. thanks everyone for the input and help. life goes on, Ha...

Quick Reply: Hemifever tuners