2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

5.9 troubles

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 09:47 AM
1slos40
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is all i found about the no bus code or that was close enough to it, do you think that the weight ofthe lift chain, against the wiring harness and the motor coul pinch it enough i mean it was the big part that goes along the cowl.

CCD BUS FAILURE
The CCD data bus can be monitored using the
DRBIII
t scan tool. However, it is possible for the
data bus to pass all tests since the voltage parameters
will be in “range“ and false signals are being
sent. There are essentially 12 “hard failures“ that
can occur with the CCD data bus:

²
Bus Shorted to Battery

²
Bus Shorted to 5 Volts

²
Bus Shorted to Ground

²
Bus (+) Shorted to Bus (–)

²
Bus (–) and Bus (+) Open

²
Bus (+) Open

²
Bus (–) Open

²
No Bus Bias

²
Bus Bias Level Too High

²
Bus Bias Level Too Low

²
No Bus Termination

² Not Receiving Bus Messages Correctly

Old 06-29-2011, 10:28 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

If you had the harness pinched between the engine, and the chain, when you lifted it, yeah, I would be checking that area for crushed/shorted wires. If the chain was just laying on it, that shouldn't hurt it. (unless you were using an anchor chain from an oil tanker.....)

Old 06-29-2011, 10:37 AM
1slos40

lol sorry dont just have one of those laying around! but yes i was lifting and apparently when i repostioned the motor it was wedged on there i figured with the harness being so thick it wouldnt mess with it.
how much is a new one i told my dad i can repair it he says buy new,(even though i completely rebuilt a 91 acura integra harness to fit in a 1991 honda civic to simplify the integra motor swap) but oh well!

Old 06-29-2011, 10:59 AM
1slos40

lol called dealership $1225 even 1 week to get! what a rip off, i called all the junkyards around looked at pull a part nothing still.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:12 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Just have a look at what's in there, and fix what ya have to. Replacing the entire wiring harness for a couple crushed wires is serious overkill.......

Old 07-29-2011, 08:19 AM
1slos40

hello been awhile, havent had mucgh time to work on the truck or post on here, i was wondering since you are apparently guru of all things ram, do you know of a pinout diagram for pcm pin to which connector the wires go to i looked in the manual bu alas they are trying to save paper i think and dont put in there what pin is which when it hits the fuse box and all.

any help woul be appreciative!

(if this were a honda id be done by now so much info in every nook and cranny on the interhighway!)

thanks,
Cody

p.s. i un loomed the whole wiring harness and have found nothing i am about to pull it all the way out and check continuity in the wires to find a hidden break or something.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:31 AM
1slos40

also i was involved in a wreck like 3 weeks ago coming home from columbia sc, it was raining hard looked back sammed into a stopped 75000lb tractor trailer snapped the dot unbreakable rear bumper and totaled my parents 07 chrysler t&c mini van. walked away with swollen legs, chipped shin bone, bruised shoulder, and of course hurt pride, but none the less first wreck ever, and i have to say the safety systems have done what they were supposed to, all but one of the 4 passengers were fine(the other didnt wear his seatbelt, messed up his face pretty good) i am very happy with chrslers safety systems!

Old 07-29-2011, 10:50 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Connector pinouts are in section 8W-80 in the factory service manual. They have a nice pic of the connector, showing how they are numbered as well.

Quick Reply: 5.9 troubles