2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wideband A/F with true duals

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Buck Slayer
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drewactual
Hammer, over in the 3rd gen FAQ has a chart on flows from various mufflers.. If you haven't purchased yet, you may want to give that a read.. In short though: FM's have NOT mastered flow- they flow only slightly better than OE.. They sound real good though as they use a chambered approach.. MagnaFlow and Borla use mostly baffled approaches, which 'whoosh' as opposed to 'rumble'.. they don't sound as good, but they breathe FAR better by NOT producing back pressure.

I have a magna true x dual in dual out muffler.. I swear, you can drop a golf ball THROUGH it w/o touching the sides it is so open.. Again, it whooshes more than rumbles, but it flat out breathes.. I have a pair of magna-flow high flow's no more than 18" in front of the muffler, so I get pretty decent scavenging I'm thinking..

If you are still planning, and haven't bought anything yet- it would do you a lot of justice to break out the calculator and measure/fit every aspect of that exhaust before-hand, and while taking into consideration future mod's. Just my thoughts on the matter.

good luck dude!
Ok, thanks for that. I'm gonna go take a look at it right now. I did want that deep growl but if I have to sacrifice flow for that I'm not a big fan.

Quick Reply: Wideband A/F with true duals