2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

T.B cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 09:55 AM
A_POLVADO
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T.B cleaning

So I pull the TB off to clean I.A.C btw dirty and gunked up should run alot better. So I decide to adjust the tps check the voltage its at .60v will it really make that big of a difference when i set it to .75v just doesnt seem like that much. I know it helps throttle response but would it be worth the work i have to do to get it to .75?

Old 07-14-2011, 10:38 AM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some vehicles respond a bit better many don't.
It didn't help my truck at all.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:51 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

PCM doesn't care what closed throttle voltage is, to a point...... just so long as it knows what Closed throttle IS. You want to have the battery disconnected while doing your cleaning project, so when you put it all back together, the PCM will re-zero the IAC, and take a cue on what closed throttle TPS voltage is. As long as TPS voltage increases SMOOTHLY from closed, to WOT, what the actual number is, is irrelevant. (for the most part. still has to fall within what the PCM considers an "acceptable" range.)

Quick Reply: T.B cleaning