2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone install JEGS Off-Road Y-Pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 08:45 PM
DodgeRam10
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Adobedude
Y Pipe has no cats....

no they dont but if a blown plenum will clog a cat than i would imagine it will do that with a y pipe over time

Old 07-18-2011, 08:46 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DodgeRam10
no they dont but if a blown plenum will clog a cat than i would imagine it will do that with a y pipe over time

A very long time. lol

Old 07-18-2011, 08:51 PM
blackbeasst
Veteran

Originally Posted by NYJohn
Then there should be no problem's posting some picture's. Would like to see this JEG'S Y-Pipe installed and alot of guys say they have one but can not seem to find any pic's of it installed.
ask and ye shall receive! not the best as it was getting kinda dark outside. i'd be happy to take more if needed

this was the booger of a pipe. the clamp on the other one had pretty much created a bond between the two pipes so we had to cut it off with enough left to get the new one in.

clamp before the y

pic of the y and front o2

and just a random pic of the exhaust that exits a little after the cab.

Last edited by blackbeasst; 07-18-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:01 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DodgeRam10
Name:  SpockVulcan.jpg
Views: 1223
Size:  16.8 KB

Old 07-18-2011, 09:02 PM
NYJohn

Thx for the picture's and so quick. On the third pic it looks to be welded at the down pipe. Did you have to cut it there or thats the way they come? Hoping for picture's of the actual y-pipe with the down tubes and o2's? Whats the white stuff in the first picture?

Old 07-18-2011, 09:05 PM
blackbeasst
Veteran

Thx for the picture's and so quick. On the third pic it looks to be welded at the down pipe. Did you have to cut it there or thats the way they come? Hoping for picture's of the actual y-pipe with the down tubes and o2's? Whats the white stuff in the first picture?
its pre-welded from jegs. here's the stock pic

and the white stuff is actually the grey gooey stuff to seal the two pipes. the flash on the camera makes it look white

Old 07-18-2011, 09:10 PM
NYJohn

Originally Posted by blackbeasst
its pre-welded from jegs. here's the stock pic

and the white stuff is actually the grey gooey stuff to seal the two pipes. the flash on the camera makes it look white
But can we see the y-pipe? Thats the actual part being replaced? Sorry should of been more specific like pic of the Y-PIPE? THX

Old 07-18-2011, 09:15 PM
blackbeasst
Veteran

But can we see the y-pipe? Thats the actual part being replaced? Sorry should of been more specific like pic of the Y-PIPE? THX
which part of my y-pipe do you wanna see?

Old 07-18-2011, 09:28 PM
NYJohn

The actual JEG'S Y part with o2 sensors were the 2 down pipes merge? That the important part i think. O2 wont fit if its off plus like to see how they actually merge the 2 pipes. Thinking we could make one little cheaper maybe. Pending how JEG'S did there's. ok i see it now your pic is dark sorry.

Last edited by NYJohn; 07-18-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:32 PM
blackbeasst
Veteran

The actual JEG'S Y part with o2 sensors were the 2 down pipes merge? That the important part i think. O2 wont fit if its off plus like to see how they actually merge the 2 pipes. Thinking we could make one little cheaper maybe. Pending how JEG'S did there's.
the pic i posted is from jegs. no lie its a direct fit as long as you leave enough room in the old pipe.

unless theres something im missing about what you are talking about the pipes merging i got that in the third pic.

edit: yeah sorry it was gettin dark! i have to scroll up a little more on my laptop to see it good as well!

Quick Reply: Anyone install JEGS Off-Road Y-Pipes?