2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No Pulsing Noid

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Scuba Sam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Pulsing Noid

I've got a 99 Ram 1500, 2wd, 5.9L gas, auto tranny with a misfire in jug 6. Put a noid on electric connector and no pulsing; lite just stays on constant. Tested other injectors and all pulsed. I'm guesing PCM lost the injector driver.

My question are: Is this a true diagnosis? Can the PCM be reprogrammed to get the driver back? If reprogramming cannot fix I'm looking for a new PCM.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

SCUBA Sam

Old 07-25-2011, 11:44 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,396 Likes on 3,136 Posts

Light staying on constantly means a short to ground somewhere on the wire the PCM uses to fire the injector. Unplug the connector from the pcm, and the injector, and test resistance to ground, see what ya get.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:25 PM
Scuba Sam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HeyYou,

Thanks for the reply. I should have included in my post that I've done all the mechanical tests; swapping injectors, plugs, wire, new crank sensor, cat, timing chain, cap, button, wires, plugs, O2 sensor and no pooling oil in Plenum. I did check both wires from PCM plugs to injector and no break; gettin about 00.5 ohm resistance from PCM plug to injector connector for both wires. I checked a couple other injector connectors and getting the same 00.5 resistance. Checked ground wire to PCM, clean and good contact. Is it possible the PCM dropped the injector dirver i.e. it just doesn't beleive there is an injector 6?

Quick Reply: No Pulsing Noid