2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rocker Arms

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 01:46 PM
NYJohn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I don't have 'em. Yet. It IS something I plan to do though.... You get power gains in a couple different ways.... Reduced friction, because of the rollers, and added lift, with the higher ratio. They are computer friendly, so, no custom tune required.... all in all, not bad bang for the buck.
Oh ok then. We were looking for first hand experience with the HS and if there worth it or not. Thx anyways.

We would like to hear from those that actual have these on the truck? Price is tempting vs the other choices.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:53 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it may be the cheapest and easiest 20 or so ponies out there.. the pedestal mount non adjustable 1.7's take maybe an hour and a half for a novice mechanic to install, it's pretty difficult to screw up, and you will feel a difference..

i can't give you a good run report, because i did several things at once when i did mine... i fixed the plenum, new timing chain, geared, 52mm throttle body, dual exhaust, and efanned almost at once... within a couple months, I slapped an air-gap on.. so, actual levi's dyno is a big fat unknown..

they DID add a little lope at idle though.. that was cool.. i guess.

you will basically be making that absolutely sad OE cam a little more aggressive though, bringing it up basically to a much less sad cam.. it is well worth it in other words.

Quick Reply: Rocker Arms