2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

WooHooo I failed inspection. AKA rear brake questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 05:55 PM
kd5taa
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@Laramie Thats genius! I'll remember that one lol

And Jack, dont forget to clean and lube the contact points on the backing plate so they dont squeak...

Old 08-03-2011, 07:09 PM
JackJ
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally got tit all back together but the brakes are even worse, I think I may have to adjust them out some more. I tried going it reverse and hitting the brakes and they get better for a split second then go back to sucking. It just sucks having to jack this damn thing up every time.

It is odd though, my left side is missing some pieces, mainly the piece that the adjustment screw from backing off. I don't see that being a problem though.

BTW I got the shoes put on right.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:38 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Adjust your brakes up more if you have excessive pedal travel before you brakes start actually doing something. I usually adjust 'em out till they are just starting to rub. Usually works pretty good.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:45 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had ugly headlights and they were loose. Found replacements (pair, including turn signals) for $85 on eBay, free shipping. Took about 4 days to get them. Look great, easy install.

Quick Reply: WooHooo I failed inspection. AKA rear brake questions.