2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

AC/Heater Temp Control Lever Sticking

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 11:26 PM
CaptJJewell
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC/Heater Temp Control Lever Sticking

I have a 1997 dodge ram van 1500 with a 3.9 engine. My air conditioning doesnt work and im thinking about trying to fix it. The first thing i want to work on is my temperature lever. For some reason its stuck in the middle between cold and warm. when i try to adjust it to cool it (all the way left) it always pulls its self back to the mid range as soon as i release it. I figure it might just be the cable that it connects to is rusted, and if thats the case. can i just disconnect it and pull the cable out and clean it with something or lube it up with something? or do i just have to break down and buy a new cable? and if so where could i find a replacement cable? If anyone can help. i am all ears. I live in florida and its the middle of summer. Windows down just isnt cutting it anymore.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:34 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

If the cable is just corroded, go to the bicycle shop, and pick up a cable lubricator, and source yourself a can of WD-40, or maybe some of the spray white lithium grease, the ones with the little tube. Use that to lubricate the cable. (motorcycle shop should have the cable lubricator as well. Not a common automotive tool. much as I think it should be....)

Old 08-03-2011, 11:56 PM
CaptJJewell
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, im gonna give that a shot on my next day off. Sounds simple enough. i appreciate the tip

Quick Reply: AC/Heater Temp Control Lever Sticking