2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cab mounts/ cab supports for 1998 Dodge Ram

Old 06-05-2015, 10:33 PM
firefighterwill234
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bringing this back from the dead.. ive got a 98 in dire needs of mounts. ive got one blown, under the driver door. the 2 in the back are in decent shape, and the 2 under the fire wall are trashed. probably end up doing them all anyway. has anyone found a place to buy them?
Merc, if you still have the measurements and everything else to make them, id be willing to buy a set off you, if thats at all possible

Old 06-06-2015, 07:30 PM
hiusmell
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by firefighterwill234
bringing this back from the dead.. ive got a 98 in dire needs of mounts. ive got one blown, under the driver door. the 2 in the back are in decent shape, and the 2 under the fire wall are trashed. probably end up doing them all anyway. has anyone found a place to buy them?
Merc, if you still have the measurements and everything else to make them, id be willing to buy a set off you, if thats at all possible
I see you're in Ny, I'm in CT. I have a clean quad cab with all good mounts, rockers, and cab corners. I'd rather sell as a whole cab but I could possibly cut and sell mounts. I'll send you a PM also.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:49 AM
HeikIlm
Captain
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by HeikIlm
Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately I have to pass. I was crawling under my truck this morning, scraping off mud and looking all the rust damage and made disappointing discovery, and also remembered something from few years back.
Front right support is corroded off from the rocker, ok, I kind of figured that. But what I didn't remember was that when I replaced corroded rocker panels with 3"x3" tubing 6 years ago, I should have used 3,5"x3", because when I mounted that tube flush with the outer panel, it left 3/8" to 1/2" gap between the tube and cab support. So I ended up pounding support ears against tube and welded the together. This left openings to all the supports, which were nice passage for water/mud/sand and road salt to enter support, and the rest is history.

So long story short, my hasty repairs and bad planning leads to all custom supports. Damn.
And this is how my truck floor looks at the moment:

Yesterday, when I was cutting off rusted parts, I noticed that floor had gave in when the body mount broke partially off from the rocker because of rust.
So now I need to get the floor to the right height before I make the new supports.
I would greatly appreciate if someone could take measurement between the floor and the frame. There is longitudinal support under the floor, which ends before front support. Measurement somewhere on that area would be nice.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:36 AM
HeikIlm
Captain
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

I think I got it figured out. I leveled the rockers with the frame, and measured 1 inch on both sides. Then I measured from top of the frame side support to the body seam on both sides, there was a 1/2 inch difference. Oh well, I make some spacers if it sits crooked after I get supports done. I could use door and fender for alignment, if they were bolted to a body, but they are not. Left fender is bent to hell anyways...

Old 11-03-2018, 07:20 AM
Roy Mills Jr.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default body mounts

Originally Posted by medic3051
Still have these if so I'll buy them!
:icon_beerchu g:. in desperate need of both front mounts needed them yesterday...
hope u still have

Old 11-03-2018, 02:18 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Roy Mills Jr.
:icon_beerchu g:. in desperate need of both front mounts needed them yesterday...
hope u still have
You can buy them on eBay this thread is 3 years old

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cab mounts/ cab supports for 1998 Dodge Ram