2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 08:08 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramzy
Of course! You haven't had bad muffler bearings yet? Only a matter of time then.
You are probably right. I fixed the plenum, so the muffler bearings are not automatically getting lubed now. And I always forget to do it.

Btw, another great thread title. I sure a lot of people come here and do a search, and punch in HELP. LOL

Last edited by zman17; 09-20-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:59 AM
Mishpacha
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys really appreciate the sarcasm! I am new to this stuff and not a mechanic. I thought that's what forums were for, for the experienced people to help the inexperienced. Apparently I was wrong, If I trusted everything mechanics said I wouldn't post on here. Now since I only can get replies from ******** I wont be asking anything else on here either. Way to go making people feel stupid for asking questions on a forum. You guys are so cool just so you know. I wish I could be as cool as you guys making fun of someone because they are asking questions to something they obviously don't know about.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:10 AM
Mishpacha
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by merc225hp
There are no such things as push rod bearings, how about connecting rod bearings. Has a compression test been done on this motor? If not start there and get back with the numbers. This could be as easy as lifters, new rockers. Pull the valve covers and check over all the rockers for play, you will have to turn the motor over by hand to check all the rockers when each one is relaxed. The bottom end of these motors are tough you might just need new heads.
Thanks for the actual advise. I will look into this I really appreciate some giving actual advise and help. I am not the most mechanically inclined person. Obviously and I misworded something someone said to me. Thanks for not talking to me like I'm an idiot and suggesting something that actually exists.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:21 AM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Your more than Welcome Mechanical lingo is a bitc* to get right. If it helps print off this page and take it into the shop with you. Please don't go buying a diff motor without at least checking over some basic things first. Also get more than one mechs opinion, don't tell the 2nd mech what the first mech said to you. If you would like to check some of these things yourself pm me and I will help walk you through the tests.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:34 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Relax, we're just joking around.